1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner with lots of questions!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by wvff525, Feb 3, 2004.

1. wvff525

wvff525 Member

O.k. first off, I'm new to the DVD Burning. I just got a brand new Dell computer It has an 8x DVD burner. First question, can I burn on 4X DVD's or do I have to buy the 8x DVD's? Second, which should I use DVD-R's or DVD+R's? I have a playstation 2 V4 console. Which burning program is the best and easiest to use? My computer has Sonic Record Now installed already should I use this program or get another such as Clone DVD or something? Do I need any type of other program such as a file converter or something? Also, I have heard that if the PS2 game has a blue/purple bottem I can burn that game on a CD-R and if the bottem is silver I need to use a Recordable DVD ( DVD-R or DVD+R? I don't know which to use yet) I will be using the Swap Magic 3.0 And Ps2 flip cover combo to play backup PS2 games.I want to know all about this. Is there any step by step instructions on making Ps2 backups? Sorry for all the questions, but I've always been a firm beleiver that the more questions you ask, the more knowledge you learn. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you can burn any speed you like 1x-8x and if someone else like pcshateme tell you to burn as fast as you can NEVER listen to him...
    if the burtner supports dvd-r use them since it's a v4 and they read only dvd-r.... you better try 1 dvd+r... and if that works... you can do them both if the + dont work... use the - for the rest of the time or untill you buy a better ps2

for me they all easy... the most esay is dvd decryptor... you dont need any convert to this and nothing else but a recording program...

probably the most easy way is just insert the disk in the pc and find out... unver 650mb is a cd over that it's a dvd... for cd's use cd's for dvd use dvd thats all...

that you ask others... for everything else(burning,using burner,burning progs,what media,etc) you ask me ok?...

hope this helps you dude...

3. wvff525

wvff525 Member

Thanks for the answers that should get me started. I guess I won't be comfortable with it, till I actually get some expeirence at making backups. one more question, Where can I get DVD Decrypter? Does this program let you choose your burn speed? The program I have now (Sonic Record NOw) as far as I know won't let me choose the burn speed. Is it best to burn at 1x? Thanks again for the help.

4. wvff525

wvff525 Member

O.k I just answered my own question on where can I get DVD Decrypter. When I posted, It made this a link that took me straight to the download site. Sometimes you wonder around looking for knowledge, other times you trip and fall right over it. LOL

5. Sam334

Sam334 Guest

Or you can look at the game disc itself and it will say DVDROM or CDROM on it :)

-Stephen

6. Supreme

Supreme Member

I burn games at 4X all the time and never have a problem w/ the game not working on systems. All my discs work on all version of ps2. I am using a Pioneer 105 4X burner and ritek media.

7. leeml10

leeml10 Guest

For info on the Swap Magic Disks and Fliptop here it is.(I'm assuming you installed the Fliptop) Its simple to use al you do is this. First determine what SM Disk to use SM DVD for DVD backups and SM CD for CD backups. You put in the SM Disck in. Let it load. You will see an sreen that says "INSERT DISK" with the fliptop all you do is flip the toptake out the SM DISK put in your back up close the top and hit X on the control and thats it. There is also this thing called CDLoader if you want info on that go to http://www.swapmagicfix.com.

Hope this helps.

8. raverkris

raverkris Guest

Hi I am a beginner at dvd burning also.I wanted to know where I can I go to find playstation 2 dvd rip games and where I can go to download them. How do I rip and burn Playstation 2 games? What program should I use to rip and burn playstation 2 games? I am a newbie. And It would help me out alot If I got some tips. Thank you very much for your time.

9. wvff525

wvff525 Member

O.k., I've been reading a little more about making backup PS2 games and there is a few things I'm confused about. First, the CDLoader thing found at swapmagicfix.com. How is this used? Why is this used? If one of my games is on that list do I need to burn one of those files on a seperate disk? or on the same dics as the game? Are all the files the same or different? Could I download all the files and burn them all on one disc or do I have to have a seperate disc for each game that is on the list? The other thing I'm confused about is something called Breaker Pro. What is it? Why is it used? How is it used? And would I need to get this program? Once again I have a V4 Playstation2 and I am using Swap Magic 3.0/Fliptop PS2 cover combo. Sorry if these are dumb questions. Please keep in mind I'm new to all of this so when I'm reading other threads I don't understand what some of the things they are talking about are. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

10. Sam334

Sam334 Guest

Don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but all the answers to your questions are on the swapmagicfix.com site.

Anyhow,

1. download CD Loader
    2. burn the .cue file a SEPARATE CD and label it CD Loader
    3. Insert Swap Magic into your v4 PS2.
    4. When the load program screen comes up, swap the disc and put CD Loader in first!
    5. A screen will come up saying "insert disc"
    6. Swap the CD Loader out and put the backed up game in.

Hope this helps.

-Stephen