1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginners luck?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marksk1, Nov 8, 2003.

1. marksk1

marksk1 Member

after reading a lot of these messages I though it would be complicated to make a copy of one of my videos. Used Dvd shrink, backed up the main movie using deep analyzing and auto compresion. Burned it as a data file using My Sonic DVD. Worked perfectly. What is this re-authoring I keep reading about? Am I missing something or can it be done better? Thanks!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when using dvdshrink, if the extras take up too much space meaning you have to shrink the move a lot, you can click reauthor and just backup the movie only.

3. marksk1

marksk1 Member

How do you use re-authoring?

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

have a look at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk for a guide, this will help you out.....

Re-authoring is required when you remove something from the files (credits/extras etc)..

The original IFO's do not match up with the new data when bits have been removed so they have to be rewritten - called re-authoring....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2003
  5. koola

koola Guest

Just done a Re-author with DVD Shrink. Link below.

6. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Well with Re-author you get rid of all extras, menus, warning scenes etc and so your movie has better quality as you have more space left to fit the movie. If you use Full Disc you keep all the above but you will have not so good quality, just because all this extras need space.