1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being able to watch region 2 on my American player.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mrlovkim, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok, I want to be able to back up the few region 2 DVD's I have but want to be able to watch them on my American DVD player.

I use DVDShrink and Decrypter and I have bought AnyDVD and thought that would do what I wanted,but after backing up the region 2 DVD's I own they would only play on my region free player and not on my American DVD player I brought with my from the USA.

I use the DVD brands recommeded here and also sent one to my brother to try on his newer player and he got the same result, it would not play because of the region.

I have also used both minus and plus media(RitekG04,and Verbatim).

Is it that the AnyDVD is not working? or is it something I am not doing correctely?

In case you need to know, I use a Plextor 712A.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

It could very well be that your region 2 titles are in PAL format which would explain why they don't play in everything you have.

If this is the case you'll need to convert them to NTSC with something like TMPGEnc and then go from there. If you run a forum search for "PAL to NTSC" you should come up with plenty of threads covering the subject.

Very nice burner by the way :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  3. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Thank you very much for replying.:)

I will do as you said but I am guessing this is a lot of work and I must have been dopey to have thought it was easy....LOL,I thought having AnyDVD would do all that was needed when it came to Region codes.:)

Again thank you:)

4. Nephilim

Nothing dopey about it!

it's actually not just a motter of region codes. Europe used a different video format than North America. Here's a link to our Glossary where you can get the skinny on the two formats:

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/

And yes, it is a bit of work :)

5. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I just looked up on the search and I see it is a bit involved to do this,in the short reading so far I am reading that members are recomending all types of different software,that only in the short amount I have read so far and I know I have alot more to read....LOL but it is looking I will not be able to do this for I am not that good when it comes to these type things.

I will for now just watch the region 2 DVD's on my crappy region free player I have in our bedroom on the liitle TV,right now I have the real nice region 1 player hooked up in our living room on the big TV....LOL

Atleast I know now what the problem is.:)

Thanks
    Allan

6. Nephilim

Happy to be of service :)