1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Julia Trouble

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Lowbo33, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Lowbo33

Lowbo33 Member

Getting a cycle redundancy check error using DVD shrink Tried DVD decrypter and it failed also some help please

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

This is generally tied to dirty or scratched discs or a bad pressing. These would be the first things to eliminate.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  3. Lowbo33

Lowbo33 Member

Would getting another Disk fix this problem possibly...

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Possibly...would have to try to see.

5. cv2125

cv2125 Member

Try this:

1. Start with DVD Decrypter v3.5.4.0 (Note: DVD Decrypter v3.5.1.0 does not work)

2. Next use DVD Shrink v3.2.0.15 to compress the files for burning onto a 4.7 GB DVD

3. Then use Nero Burning ROM v6.6.0.8 or other DVD burning software

6. Lowbo33

Lowbo33 Member

I would if DVD Decrypter worked but as i stated in my first posting i tried using it after DVD shrink didn't work it ran for about 3 min and then it retried about 10 times before it failed...I do belive that it is something elese and not my DVD this problem occred with such movies as RE apoc. Little black book etc. but anyDVD fix that no problem. I t was the way Tri star fomated their DVD there is like a `5 second like blank break or encryption line or something before the Main movie file begins and i Think Sony who is the production company for being Julia has figured out a way to beat DVD idle and anyDVD cause it doesn't work If anyone has any luck backing up this DVD Being Juila Let me know.

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 with no problems. AnyDVD removes all current copy protections.

8. Lowbo33

Lowbo33 Member

Thanks i will try and see what it does

9. mobfather

mobfather Member

I have Anydvd version 4.5.6.2 and clonedvd2 and I get the cycle redundancy reading.I've backed up forgotten,resident evil,little black with no problems.The disc being julia apperas to be fine,not dirty or scratches.Any help appreciated.Thanks,mobfather

10. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

See above.

Possible bad original disc. It is difficult if not impossible to see pressing imperfections on discs. Try another disc of "Julia". As I said, I had no problems with this disc and program combinations.

11. mobfather

mobfather Member

I will try that.Whatever the outcome is,I will posted here.cheers!

12. se210

se210 Guest

Same thing will not copy I use DVD decrypter, clone dvd and dvd X, the disc is clean.

13. waxfloss

waxfloss Guest

I'm also unable to make a backup of Being Julia using DVD Xcopy. I know this doesn't help, but atleast you know you aren't alone :(

14. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

One is able to copy fewer and fewer discs using only DVDXCopy.

15. mobfather

mobfather Member

Its "confirmed"!!!!!! I tried a second brand new dvd of "being Julia" and FAILED to burn.The disc was neatly taken out from the dvd case and no fingerprints or debris on it.Again,I tried to back it up and NO success!Anydvd removes the copy protection but when I use clonedvd2 it stops and gives me the ERROR cycle redundacy message.I don't know how anybody can back it up.I also tried dvd decryptor and NO success.If anybody was successful on backing up,Please post it.I don't want to hear that anydvd or decrypter will work,cause it don't!Im; just being candid with the results!Thanks,mobfather

16. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

If you don't beleive what we have already told you, why would you beleive anyone else. If it's not the disc then your reader must be ultra sensitive to disc errors..

17. mobfather

mobfather Member

I don't belive it ,because I have tried it with different softwares and NO success.As of now bilbo65 is the only one who has backed it up and the rest of us haven't.bilbo65 and I have the same software which is anydvd and clonedvd2 and apparently,I dont have any luck.cheers!

18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

I didn't know that I was so unique!!...;-D

I'm sure others out there have been successful with this movie. CRC errors occuring on the reading portion is "original"disc/drive related problem almost all of the time. Can you try a different DVD reader?

19. als300

als300 Guest

When I tried AnyDVD, it stopped at 7% and gave a data error (cyclic redundancy check).

20. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

AnyDVD and what other program?