1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belkin 802.11b Wireless USB Network Adapter Driver Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by yugioh2me, Aug 30, 2004.

1. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

I was trying to install the drivers of my Belkin 802.11b Wireless USB Network Adapter, but whenever i try to, it gives me a window that says that the drivers couldn't be found. Here's what i did:

I install the usb wireless manager an then plug the usb network adapter in when it prompts me to. After that, a window pops up telling me that new hardware was found and it takes me to the driver installation part. I have tried many different rivers (the original drivers from the cd, some other drivers from the belkin website, and even other OSes driveres), but none of them work.

This same thing happened to me when i was installing the drivers on my old computer that ran windows 98. It kept giving me the same error it gives me now. I finally managed to fix it by downloading the specific software from the belkin website that had to be used when specificly windows 98 had a problem (thats what it said on the website). I used that for windows 98 and it worked, but now the windows 98 machine is no more because i made a new computer and somehow the hard drive of the windows 98 machine got formatted, and doesnt work anymore.

If anyone could tell me what i am doing wrong or what i should do, or what drivers i should get, i would really appreciate it.

My pc's specs are below in my sig.

Thx

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

3. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

hello? anyone, help please