1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Q media won't play after burn

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by dwu, Mar 15, 2005.

1. dwu

dwu Member

Hi,

I recently bought some Ben Q 8X DVD+Rs. They were a great deal too, so heres the thing, after i burn a movie, i can watch it in my regular dvd player at the t.v an anywhere else JUST NOT ON THE DVD ROM IT WAS BURNED FROM!! i have an LG 4040B.. or something like that anyways ya, i got my friend to use on of my discs and they burned a movie and it would play on my DVD rom..... so i guess in summary my dvd rom won't play it's own dvd's

WHY?!?!?

thanks for any help u can provide =)

2. dbennion

dbennion Member

It's almost certainly not the media. Those BenQ (Daxon) are first rate. I've burned around 100 of them, no coasters, play on anything, burn at 16X on my BenQ burner.

Make sure your firmware is up to date. If it is +R media and your DVD player is older than a couple of years ... that might your problem.

What happens if you run it through Nero Speed DiskQuality test?

3. dbennion

dbennion Member

OOPS sorry I can't read ... it's ok with your DVD player.

Ummmmmm make sure your firmware is up-to-date. I had a problem with my BenQ burner .. wouldn't read disks it had burned ... solved it with most recent firmware.

4. dwu

dwu Member

ahh ok kool, just wondering... how do i update my firmware?

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Do a google search for LG firmware the look for your model when you find the f/w page.

6. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

You may also want to adjust your settings when burning...it is said to set it to to a custom size of 4300 so your movie does not burn too close to the edge since it can affect play back even in grade a media like BENQ.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I hope the BenQ media is as good as you all make it out to be since I ordered a 50 pk dvd+r inkjet printables to try out.

8. dbennion

dbennion Member

Futureshop had a sale (Canada) around Christmas for those BenQs at $60.00, which includes shipping, for TWO HUNDRED $CAN (~$50 US) of the suckers. I tested a few then went nuts and bought 800. At that time I also had about 200 TYs and 200 Verbatims on the go (I use a lot of blanks :)). The BenQs are so solid I prefer them to those other "cadillac" brands ... one of which only burns at 12X on my burner (forget which). I stopped testing the results for "quality" when the first 20 or so came in at a consistent 93-99.

I got the +Rs as well. They were advertised as 4X, but they shipped 8X, and they burn at 16X.