1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bencole Platinum DVD-R Microcenter

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by scottand, Sep 22, 2004.

1. scottand

scottand Member

Just wanted to throw this thread in the mix for future searchers.

On sale 25 Pack DVD-R 4X for 9.99 if you buy 2 packs at microcenter. My first experience was a test pack because my home dvd recorder Panasonic DMRE30S is very picky. Test went well and the unit recorded on the disc just fine. I even went through all 25 disc to make sure the Panasonic "saw" it as a DVD-R. Why ? Because once I bought a pack of 25 K-hyper Media and only 10 disc worked in it ( that is in my mind the biggest p.o.s. media I have bought yet. )

So then I started backing up dvd's on my PC with a I/O magic burner ( 8x + / 4x - ) and I had a few problems that I belived I solved with software called DVD43 and a "pattin-couffin" driver. I had the problems with other media anyways ( skipping chapters..region errors on Sony players etc..). Anyway about 3 out of 10 disc my Sony DVPNS725P, a very old APEX AD600A , and a RCA Scenium DVD player would give "disc error" or "dirty disc". Now I have had and know Sony DVD Players seem to be OVER ALL the most problematic Payers for burnt cheaper dvd media...just do a search on Sony. Strange enough though on my NEW Apex, My Panasonic DVD burner/player, my XBOX and my Sony DAVFC7 HT system read these error disc just fine.

My opinion is that out of 30 or so burns only 1 disc truely had "snow" a feature of cheaper media. 3 worked on 50% of my DVD players and 22 on all of them. This is not the best media out there but I had been buying BeAll for over double the money.

You get what you pay for. For the money they work. Would I stake a one chance in a life time ...I got 30 minutes and one shot for a "back up" of this DVD on the media ? ..maybe not but for .40 cents each it is a deal.

This is all been at 4x burn speed with software X-Copy, DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Some DVD's downloaded some "backed up".

NOTE THIS MEDIA IS TRUELY IDENTIFIED AS INTERAXIA AS THE MANUFACTURE:
    http://www.interaxia.ch/content/products.html

Later

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

for 40 cents a disc, you can get ritek.