1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ 1655 lightscribe?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by juliano, Dec 22, 2005.

1. hmeister

hmeister Member

Thanks for pushing the envelope. Some of us have not gone to where you have so it's good to know.
    I am not using Any DVD or DVD FAB.
    I have Shrink. Are "Any DVD & DVD FAB" freeware or payware?

thx

HMeister...

2. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

DVD Fab Decripter is freeware and works great for decrypting and ripping DVD's to your hard drive. Here is a link to download it:

http://www.doom9.org/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  3. cedd4

cedd4 Member

I have a BenQ DW1655. Firmware BCDB. My Nero V.6.6.1.4 wont recognize my BenQ Lightscribe drive. No problem with Surething. I've unistalled my BenQ and reinstalled it, unistalled the Surething program, unistalled Nero 6 and reinstalled but the same problem is there. I go to Nero Cover Design>File>prefrences and I can see the Lightscribe tab but my Benq is not selected as the drive. Actually no drive is selected. I've also downloaded and installed the Lightscribe Hosting Software mentioned here. Any tips?
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  4. hmeister

hmeister Member

Hi...
    Can you system see the drive on USB, ie: Winxp sees the drive in explorer? How do you have this attached. I see you have a Asus board. Is it USB 1 or 2? Or Firewire you said?? You will have to resolve this at the explorer shell level and be able to see the drive. (Hardware level first)

hmeister

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  5. juliano

juliano Member

ANY DVD is NOT freeware.......

6. hmeister

hmeister Member

Thx...
    I will look for Any DVD on the web and check it out...
    So far, all my needs have been met using the Nero suite. I don't typically download bootleg copies of movies as the penalties are greater than actually going and taking the DVD out of a video store. I think the penalties are upwards now to 10 years for downloading movies. Such is the current FBI case with the Elite Torrents that was orchastrated in the fall of 2005. 10 servers were shut down and people hauled away for investigation etc. There are no copyright laws currently in some foreign countries like Russia. Eventually, I think we all will see some type of [bold]newer [/bold] legislation to give the motion picture assocation [bold]more[/bold] teeth than what they already have. I am not sure what foreign countries will do.

H.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  7. cedd4

cedd4 Member

I'm a newbie. My Benq is an internal drive. I don't really understand what your asking. Sorry. Please help with the lingo.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  8. hmeister

hmeister Member

Ok, sorry about the lingo and I misunderstood your original post. It looks like you have an internal 1655.

1.)What operating system are you using?

2.)When you goto explorer, do you see the drive? (ie: D Drive)

H.

9. cedd4

cedd4 Member

Hi,
    I have Windows XP home edition and yes, I can see the drive. The light scribe works fine with the Surething program but Nero won't recognize it as a lightscribe. It [bold]does[/bold] see it when I run Nero Info Tool. I did uninstall the Surething Program but no change. See earlier posting.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  10. lgt1

lgt1 Guest

Why is it that the only place I can find info on the BenQ 1655 is now on there UK site there is none on the Canadian site. There use to be info on the global site . on the UK site there is a firmware update if it is newer t5han mine can I use it ?

11. delateur

delateur Regular member

You should be able to, although if the firmware updater was in a foreign language, that might make it a bit more difficult. ;)

12. beltline

beltline Regular member

What's the firmware update? The only thing I saw was BCDB? But I might have been on the wrong site.

13. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Some people have been having issues with Nero version 6.6.1.4 being buggy. I would recommend you go back to the last Nero 6 version that wasn't buggy v6.6.0.18. Here is a link:
    http://httpdl2.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18.exe

If you can use the lightscribe function in Surething, then it seems to me that this may be another bug with this version of Nero. It's worth a shot

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  14. juliano

juliano Member

Tried updating my BenQ 1655 but it says this drives Firmware can not be updated!!! Whats with that?

15. lfcrule72

lfcrule72 Member

Is your BenQ DW1655 a retail version or an OEM version ? I believe they have different firmwares.... the BCDB firmware is for the retail model only.

16. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi,
    In general BenQ oem & retail drives use the same BC** series f/w. Whilst third parties use GC** series f/w.

A good link for BenQ (range of models\ f/w etc) is
    http://www.benq-eu.com/Products/storage/

You may want to take a look at my 'beginners' BenQ flash guide.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=171380
    I mention this as GC** series f/w is restricted in terms of access of BenQs' utilities. Therefore crossflashing to BC** series f/w may be desirable.

17. juliano

juliano Member

Its a OEM Version....Why that would matter, I'm not sure.....Good thing my drive it working perfectly and have had no issues with any Blank DVD's.

18. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi,
    If your having problems with Nero & your BenQ try this.
    ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/oem/Benq/Nero-6.6.0.19b.exe

19. ap123

ap123 Member

Just aquired the BenQ 1655 - Came with Firware version GCAB -
    Why are people cross-flashing to BCAB? GCAB sounds newer. Or is BCAG just reverting back to a more feature rich BenQ dive.

Second question - does this drive have burnproof technology? So far - I can't even burn a cd - let alone get the lightscribe features to show up on Nero 7 after installing the Lightscribe host.

Thanks in advance
    ap

20. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006