1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq 822

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xrat, Sep 8, 2004.

1. xrat

xrat Member

I am thinking about buyin a ps2.I have the BENQ 822 A.Does anybody have experience with it and ps2 games?

2. destorm

destorm Guest

I've a Benq EW822U (the external version of the 822a) and a PS2v7+messiah2 that will boot DVDs +R fine, and will boot DVD+RW fine too. But when I try making a burn using any -R media, it doesn't work. It burns. It will show on my computer. DVD-Video plays fine on my PS2 -- but PS2 games just will not boot, inspite of the fact the PS2 is supposed to be more compatible with -R!
    For me the reason is that Benq uses philips-chipsets. Philips helped developing the +r standard. I think these chipsets aren't made for -r(w). Just like I said +r is burned perfect (after bitsetting) but -r is not.
    I don't think Benq can solve this through firmwares In any case since some ps2 consoles (3 of 5 tested) can read my backups the problem can be solved probably only via calibration lens! Of course for me the problem doesn't exist because I always use +r(w)