1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq and NForce

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by John1800, Dec 14, 2007.

1. John1800

John1800 Member

Has anyone had any success flashing their Benq with a NForce mobo? If so, which one? I'm thinking about getting the nForce 4 and replacing my asus board. I'll just put my poor ol 384 mb ram and p4 on it I guess. I'm fed up with trying to get my pc to recognize and accept my via 6421. They are almost the same price anyway.

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

Mine worked fine using dosflash16. Got a 360 about a month ago, benq drive, and flashed it using a nforce4 gigabyte mobo. There's a list somewhere of "compatible" mobos with sata ports. The nforce4 chipsets are one of these. Try to find this on the forum or ask around. Good luck!

3. barricade

barricade Guest

I have flashed two 360's with BenQ drives in windows using dosflash32 with a nforce4 motherboard. It is an Abit NI8 SLI

4. Rezi

Rezi Member

I've also flashed my new 360 w/Benq on my Abit NForce4 MOBO using DosFlash 16 (iPrep...actually)....no issues at all.

5. Longfish

Longfish Member

hey barricade im oging to flash a ben q drive with dos flash 32 i want to know if flashig with dos flash 32 is simple as its look because it seems that the process is read and write and finisht its that all?

6. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

I flashed a Benq with dos flash 32,NForce mother Board,and it was the easiest drive ive flashed to date,I only tried it because you don't need no usb,or floppy drive to flash it.I read that it wont work on alot of pc's but lucky mine worked with no errors.

7. Longfish

Longfish Member

ok i have a nforce 430 controller and its a amd 64 athlon motherboard gigabyte technology.

8. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Just try it in see if it works.I found 2 tuturiols for the benq , one on xbox scene and one on robin hoods playground do a google on benq using flash 16 or 32 and you will find them.

9. Longfish

Longfish Member

hey somebody help me i need a ixtreme.bin made read to flash because i try to make it with the batch program but it says error copy orig.bin into directory and i send it to the directory and nothing happens. somebody send me pm ill thank you.

10. Longfish

Longfish Member

sorry it is ready to flash i mistyped.

11. barricade

barricade Guest

Did you get it working? Yeah it is extremely easy in windows with dosflash32. Just follow the readme I have never flashed a drive before but I followed the readme and i did two!

12. Longfish

Longfish Member

yes i can flash but i can't get the ixtreme.bin created with the batch i copy the ori.bin into the folder and it says error can you send me one ixtreme.bin that is ready to flash so i can flash my drive please and thank you.

13. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

If i remember correctly I had the same problem all i did was open my orig bin up in tool box,then opened the second hacked bin up in another window of toolbox,then copied the key from orig bin in put it in the hacked bin then save it,then reopened the hacked bin to make sure it was correct, then flash.

14. barricade

barricade Guest

Try redownloading iextreme. I had the same problem the one I downloaded did not correctly make the iextreme firmware. What message are you getting? Copy orig.bin to the 8x directory and dbl click Make iextreme firmware. It should display:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    | firmtool v1.2 by caster420 |
    ----------------------------------------------------------[360mods.net]-----

Drive Key: ***********************

Original Firmware Version: BenQ VAD6038-64930C
    Hacked Firmware Version: BenQ VAD6038-64930C [iXtreme v1.4-8x]

*** SUCCESS ***
    Drive key copied.
    Drive serial copied.

Your hacked firmware is now ready to be flashed!

BenQ iXtreme v1.4 firmware created: ix14.bin

Press any key to continue . . .

15. Longfish

Longfish Member

thanks guys i did what yzrider told me but thaks baricade because the info you provided is correct my hacked bin apears

Benq-VAD6038-64930C-[iXtreme v1.4-2x]

it says 2x because i want it 2x is this correct?

16. koolyoe

koolyoe Regular member

Erased.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007