1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benq, Do i need to reflash to original before updating a new fw

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kenshiro4, Nov 30, 2007.

1. kenshiro4

kenshiro4 Member

If I want to update the fw for my Benq, do I need to reflash with the original bin before applying the new fw? Or, can I just flash the new fw on top of the old one?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It's not like the Hitachi. No need to go back to the original first. But, I would recommend running the erase command before updating.

3. mds1256

mds1256 Member

if i dont have the orig.bin

can i run the firmtool using the current firmware on the drive in place of the original

e.g. firmtool orig.bin (which is actually my hacked firmware) then use the new firmware generated

or will this brick the drive?

4. neptune

neptune Regular member

always save your backups folder after flashing.. you can even email yourself the OFW.BIN and CFW.BIN which is the ones you need :) in case of an emergency

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  5. mds1256

mds1256 Member

like i say tho i have lost mine :| so can i just use the hacked firmware as my orig.bin

6. theridges

theridges Guest

you need to use firmware toolbox because you need your key from your original firmware..

7. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

you could just use your hacked as your original, as the only reason you need your original when creating back up is for your dvdkey. i have done this before becuse the box i was flashing they didn;t have the original, so i just ran the same mtkflash r /m orig.bin and took the key from that. but you do need to run the erase command before reflashing new firmware.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  8. mds1256

mds1256 Member

thank you very much , thats cleared that up :)