1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BENQ DVD DD DW1620 Problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by KDC, Dec 19, 2004.

1. KDC

KDC Member

After reinstalling Windows XP, I've encountered numerous problems with my DVD drive. First and foremost is the inability to recognize a new/fresh disk in my drive. it will however recognize CD/RW disks. Second being my inept ability to back-up old drivers...

After looking through the forums and scouring the web for information, I looked into flashing my drive, however, there isn't a firmware upgrade for the version of hardware I have (B7C9); being my biggest problem.

Does anyone know of an update available that will alleviate the issues I have, or know of where I can download driver specifically for the hardware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. After dealing with this problem, 2 bottles of wine are my inspiration for posting...

thanks,
    KDC

2. Sunwish

Sunwish Member

3. moggy721

moggy721 Member

Hi KDC

I'm having problems with this player as well.

I've installed the latest firmware (b7t9).

I've got 25 RiDisk DVD-R sat there which the player will not read

I've also got 5 Datasafe DVD-RW that it won't read as well.

Very annoying. Can anyone help.......

4. KDC

KDC Member

After flashing the firmware, everything worked like a charm. It was as if the computer had no idea what to do with a DVD -/+ R disk at all. Once the firmware upgrade finished, (a matter of seconds) the OS realized that I had entirely "new" hardware in my computer.

5. sting.ray

sting.ray Member

I have a BENQ DW1620 with the latest firmware B7T9.

However, it fails sometimes to read structure protected dvd disks like the region 4 Van Helsing dvd.

Whenever I use DVD Decrypter, CloneDVD2, DVD Shrink or PowerDVD it will fail to read around chapters 14-17 which happens to be the 4th VOB file.

Does anyone else have the same problems and does anyone know how to fix this?

Believe me I have tried all software programs out there but I think it might be the bloody dvd drive itself.

6. tsig

tsig Member

I am have the same problem of Windows XP seeing the drive as a DVD with Windows Media Player. The software they supply winDVD 4 will not see the drive. When I go the hardware it see the drive as a DW1620 DVD and states the harware has no problem. I can use the drive as a CD-Rom and it works fine. I have updated to the latest firmware (b7t9).

I have sent a request in to Benq they gave me a number to call for support when I call the number I get an invalid EXT. message.

7. ROLFMAO

ROLFMAO Member

I'm having the same issues as tsig, I'm running the newest firmware and the drive will recognize both CDs and DVDs but wont recognize DVD -/+R's at all. Very frustrating as I have one of the 100 packs of BenQ DVD+R's from boxing day and some DVD-R's I got with it. :p

8. moggy721

moggy721 Member

I have swapped my Benq for a plextor

Result is all disks bow work 100%

I'd advise anyone who has bought one recently to swap if possible.

9. krlewis01

krlewis01 Member

I received a iomagic dvd burner for xmas that shows up as a benq dvd dd dw1620 firmware b7c9 and I was having trouble getting it to burn iso images faster than 4x, it would give me a scsi abort error in nero. I decided to try and upgrade the firmware, but when I flashed it, it got to the third bar of the progress bar and then failed. I restarted and tried again, same thing. It will not do anything now, and is not recognizing cds or dvds to read. Please help

10. mikebruce

mikebruce Member

I purchases the OEM version of this drive. When updating the firmware from BenQ for the bulk version of this drive it still does not recognize blank media. THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS! Should I just say screw it and purchase an LG or Pioneer?