1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

benq dvd+R DL burner confused

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by JSmokin, Feb 16, 2007.

1. JSmokin

JSmokin Member

hello all
    I have looked at the old fourms and found that it's not just me that has had this problem. when i put in a blank disk of any type (CD-R or DVD+R)ther is no free space yet its blank i have a 100pk of sony DVD+R and already used about 75 of them just fine. I think that it might be a third party program that has caused this problem called 1clickdvd copy 4.2 i never used it before it came with the pc so i tried it last sunday and it works greae but windows burning utility has changed now. i do not use nero at all but i have it on my pc i fooled around with nero info tool it also has the same problem. before i used 1clickcopy the pc was fine. now not so fine. it's the only thing i have done different in months do you think this is a .dll issue caused by this program. i tryed uninstalling the burner and reinstalling it did not help.

thanx for reading John R

2. unolord

unolord Regular member

If everything was fine until u installed 1clickdvd copy 4.2 I'd uninstall it and see if everything goes back to normal first. Could be a conflict with that prog.

3. JSmokin

JSmokin Member

it was installed befor i got the pc i just never used it

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if your disks have burned fine before and now, just because you are using another program that was on your computer before too, you are now having problems..... I don't think it's that program because it was already installed on your computer and you had successful burns while it was there! Something happened either to your computer or your disks that are causing a problem. And sometimes Windows doesn't see the disks correctly in Windows Explorer and shows it as not having empty space! XP can be that way! The only way to find out if you're having trouble with burning DVDs is if it fails and you have a log to show us.... then we can see what's going on there. but if you want a quick fix..... try using System Restore to a previous date where your computer was working properly. But remember to save your pictures, files, and data that you have before going backwards to a previous state where everything was working fine or you will lose files that might be important to you. Doing a System Restore will do exactly what the name says.... it will restore your computer's state to a previous date where things were working properly! just save your recent work. It won't erase emails! but it will bring your computer and your programs back to a previous version if you updated some to newer versions. You might have done a Windows update that is wrecking havoc on your burning process!

to do a System Restore you hit START/PROGRAMS/ASSESSOREIS/SYSTEM TOOLS/SYSTEM RESTORE and follow the instructions. good luck.

5. JVC

JVC Active member

Try this....... It help another guy that had the same problem.
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
    Good luck!