1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ DW1620 / Nero v6.6.0.x / with DVD-R Media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by cougar_ii, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hello everyone,

Anyone have a BenQ DW1620, using Nero v6.6.0.x and burning DVD-R media ?

Nero crashes right away, saying Bitsetting is not supported on DVD-R Media.

Is there a way of turning this off on Nero ?

Is the BenQ DW1620 way better with DVD+R media ?

I only have DVD-R media at home :(

My BenQ DW1620 has firmware B7U9 (Latest)...

Thanks...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I got a benq 1620 on my main pc. It's backups were so much more compatable on all the stand alones and pc drives I play them on. I had a khpermedia +8x and an I/O magic 16x and they were crap compared to benq. I just got a new one put in my backup pc, and the compatability is just as awesome as my main pc.2 burners that play perfect in all these stand alones is all i wanted.

I do like the + format on these burners. There is one stand alone player at my dad's that will not play the dash format. I've got the b7-c9 and b7-L9 firmware versions. That b7c9 firmware will not refuse any of my media.Most + and - 8x media will burn 12x and 16x that I have.Verbatim -4x coded mcc-01rg20 is the only code I ran into that gave me problems.

The few - format discs I use are: maxell -4x/-8x and sony -1x-8x coded sony08d1.They all play flawless,except on my dad's player-no disc inserted errors.

You should be able to go into nero, and untick the box for book type to dvd-rom.I leave mine ticked all the time,regardless if I use + or dash formats.

I just got the basic nero 6.0.0.21b oem. I had problems when i updated it,so I removed it and stayed at my original version that works flawless. You might want to uninstall and then re-install. Nero can be finicky.