1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

benq flash worked but whats up now??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bonovox40, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

Ok, so after 3 nights of working on it, I FINALLY got the flash to work. Had to go to bootdisk.com and download a no-driver loading boot disk for dos and that was the ticket. Strange how my USB boot disk would work and run dosflash, but not let the bin write back to the USB flash drive. :-/

So anyway, I got a couple games that were ixtreme created(flashed?) and popped them in. 2 of them worked flawlessly, and the other 2 brought up the xbox logo with some messages saying "insert an xbox disc into the unit" or something like that with rows of the same message in other languages. (Japanese, Chinese, etc.) Where the games bad or another region?? Maybe wrong flashed version?

And the last game asked me that "It is necessary to update this game in order to play". I wasn't hooked up to the internet so I said ok, and let the update run. It did it and rebooted the xbox but it froze on the xbox logo. I waited a few minutes and rebooted the 360. When it came back to the dashboard, I started the game up again and the screen went to black and the game never loaded.

Did I do something wrong? Should I have not updated the game? If the information it "updated" to my harddrive was bad, can I erase it or will it look funny to M$ if I go on live with corrupted disc data. (if it really is messed up)

Thanks, and sorry for the newb questions. First xbox so it's all new to me with how the system works. :p

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The game which went black and never loaded... did it happen to be Assassin's Creed? If so, put it back in, let it sit, and go grab a beer. The first time you load that game it'll sit at that black screen forever. After the first time then it loads quicker.

If a game is the wrong region, a message will tell you so.

3. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

No, the game was Warriors Orochi that went black and never came back.

I'm thinking that the screen is an incorrect version screen, but it doesn't tell me that the disc is a wrong version. Just "please insert an xbox media disc" (or something close to that) but it DOES have multiple lines of this message in different languages and characters. Japanese, Spanish, Italian maybe?

I just want to find out if the flash was bad in some way, or if I f'd up the 360 somehow. I'm not sweating too much since it does play backups like crackdwn and originals like the forza2 that came with the system. But i'm still at a loss what's up with the 3 games that aren't running. Are Deadrising and Thedarkness not ixtreme compatible for some reason?

4. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

samwee thing happened to me, pounded a beer and boom, it worked.

5. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

If some backups are working, then it's not the firmware. Which iXtreme did you use? There's quiet, fast, or multispeed.

@ xbubbax... I've read of this happening to alot of other people also. It happened when I first loaded it.

6. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

I used the one that came with the "multispeed" pack, but it included the older revisions and I believe I used the 1.1 rev 2 possibly, since I didn't care about the multispeed and figured there is a chance that "quiet" won't load things properly or slow down loading/gameplay.

So I chose "fast". I might try to install that program that is used for burning that lets you check patches on the disc, just to see if they are all ixtreme or not. I'm thinking I didn't mess up/brick the 360 since SOME things work.

Since i'm a 360 mod Newbie, is there anything I shouldn't do when in the dashboard, or on live silver that could screw up anything? Like any games where you shouldn't run updates or things and stuff? Just curious. Don't want to make my machine a $350 paperweight! I don't care if someday I get banned (or actuall start off banned) I just want to play the games and be able to install/download critical updates if there are some.