1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ flashing with iXtreme 1.41

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by charlieko, Jan 23, 2008.

1. charlieko

charlieko Member

I just flashed my BenQ. It was kinda weird because the process was a bit different than what the tutorial said. Also... it doesn't play backups. I currently don't have my originals, so I don't know if it plays originals or not.

Basically what happened was, I used dosflash (the latest version) in auto mode to read the original firmware, then I rebooted, erased the flash. Again, I rebooted and tried to write the ixtreme fw, but it kept saying there is no device or something when I entered dosflash. After several rebooting, it finally recognized the device and wrote the fw but without me turning the console off and on! It didn't prompt me anything like the tutorial said. It just worked... writing bank 0,1,2,3 and done!

Is this unusual? And also I downloaded a backup from newsgroup for testing purpose, it didn't work even though it said everything is prepatched. I don't know what's wrong...

I used verbatim dvd+r dl and nForce4 SATA controller for hooking up the benQ.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you patch the iXtreme firmware with your key before you wrote it to the drive?

3. manny2564

manny2564 Member

I had kind of the same problem. I downloaded the firmware from xbins and when I tried to make the hacked firmware it just made it and I never saw the black dos screen if just flashed. That just may be your problem, I then downloaded the firmware from my newsgroup and that worked perfect, so I'd say try getting the firmware update from an alternate source.

4. charlieko

charlieko Member

Yes, I extracted the original firmware, copied it to 8x folder, and ran the batch file. I tried another backup that was also patched with ss and burned with cloneCD 5.3.1.0

Now I flashed it with the lower version (1.1 r2), and it flashed it with the proper procedure. 0xD1 when the power was off and 0x73 when the power was on, and it started erasing and writing. However, still no luck. When I put the game in, it says loading, then nothing happens as if there is no disc in the system.

Any idea?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  5. charlieko

charlieko Member

It finally works! The flashing was good. It was the bad backup... My friend backed up my original and it works great. The one from newsgroup was a bad iso.