1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ iXtreme Firmware Released!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by woox123, Oct 28, 2007.

1. woox123

woox123 Member

Woohooo!

Download fMw:
    http://www.xbox360hax.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item57

Works 100%!!

2. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

not to be a downer it is nice to see benq firmware out but i dont know if its ok to link to it....

3. chad06

chad06 Member

That is correct, it technically is illegal to post the actual spot for the firmware but, now that it apparently is in open discussion until this link is edited, Has anyone been able to sucessfully download the firmware file. I have tried and cannot get the file to completly download, it stops with an error message halfway through the download and says "content decoding has failed" anyone have this issue yet when trying to download the fw?

4. theridges

theridges Guest

download worked for me...so yea that link has to gooooo
    either way im glad to see it happen....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2007
  5. ArmyMedic

ArmyMedic Member

Hi all, I have oberserved this: If you click the "Download" icon, it fails every time. If you click the firmware title (in green), it works every time - go figure!!!

6. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

the new benq fw flashing stuff says it only works with VIA and NFORCE chipsets or wtvr.....does that mean it won't work for me? since both my motherboard and sata controller are intel?

Also am I going to have to buy a sata cable or is there one in the 360 I can use? I'm assuming there is, but just in case....

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Forum rules state no direct linking.

That means that if I click on a posted link, the "File Download" dialog box appears (the one which asks you to open or save).

When I click on woox123's posted link, it takes me to another site from which I then have to download from there.

That means the other site, not Afterdawn, is responsible for offering that material.

So, woox123's link should be is fine.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  8. snupe81

snupe81 Guest

Does XBL detect it?

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Not yet.

10. JUVY

JUVY Member

so when xbl be able to read it u guys think? cuz iam new and been reading up lot and waz gonna get a xecuter blaster but if xbl cant read it i cant do unthing wit the flasher tool.... got a other question when xbl can read the new bin do i got to install that switch in my xbox still or no need to.....been reading and found that u need to cut these 2 points in the board and connect a on/off switch....plzz let me know

11. theridges

theridges Guest

right now M$ cannot detect the modified firmware what they detect is a non stealth game....which ixtreme will not even boot...all we can do is wait and see what M$ Does with the next big update.

12. hack01

hack01 Regular member

I am sending back my xbox360 for repairs and I figure I prob. get a Benq DVD ROM from them so Im going to ask a few questions about it.

I see that it says:

turn on the BenQ psu, the DosFlash32 dialog should show up
    - the flash should be recognized by DosFlash32
    - you can now read, write or erase the flash

Does this mean when I power back on my xbox360 drive that the DosFlash32 screen will come up automaticly? Also will it start the flash on its own or will there be some extra steps I will have to do to start the flash? It also states the you should use the dosflash16 version first, but the guide states to use the dosflash32 version, should I just sick to the guide and use the dosflash32 version?

If it helps I will be using Windows XP and a SATA connection card.
    Thanks to all that reply.