1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ. JF froze during write now stuck in vendor mode even after DosFlash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Haxzor, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Haxzor

Haxzor Member

Im running Windows 7 ult x64. Using Motherboad SATA chipset Intel ICH7. Im using a phat BenQ VAd6038 drive on an old school xenon board. So I have flashed many drives before mainly phat benq and lite-on. I have not done so in about 2 years but nothing really seems like its changed method wise. I decided it was time to reflash when I put in a normally working version of backed up Devil May Cry 4 and it gave me the play DVD error. I then tried all of my backups all with same result. I assumed when I updated to dash 15574 (via USB, I got banhammered) that it reverted me back to stock. After battling to unlock said benq for hours yesterday I went to bed with no results. No matter what I just couldnt get it to Vendor mode. I could find the drive no prob but just couldnt unlock. Then I woke up this morning and decided to give it another go. And WTF do you know? it just maggicaly works with simple BenQ unlock first time. I changed absolutley nothing I still dont get how this is possible so I do an outro, turn off xbox, reboot, and I get that nice comforting solid NOT blinking green light that says my FW is A OK. I unlock again with out an Issue, Read FW, Save OFW with valid key, load the benq LT + V1.9 for post dash update I got from xbins into target FW, spoof the key over then hit write then BAM infamous JF BenQ freeze! I am now stuck in vendor mode and JF cant see the drive. I hit intro and drive reappears in vendor mode no prob. Then no matter what I press read, erase, or write it freezes every time. Then mystically out of the blue it decides to work again with out any issues. I write the OFW back to the flash write verifies just fine, I outro it displays back on the left side as proper lock status. However no matter how many times I power cycle or how long I leave everything disconnected Im stuck with flashing green light and no eject. JF has no problem finding the drive now, unlocking it, writing, ten when you do outro it gos back to normal status on left side. I do this in an endless cycle for 2 hours. I then try dos flash which also has no problems of any kind of any kind through the whole process either. SO no matter how many times I try these I am stuck with the same problem. Any suggestions guys? One more question if I update with the 15574 update file on USB again will it fix my drive back to working stock?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Try running JF as administrator. Right-Click, then go to "Run as Administrator".

Also, if you get the new dashboard, it won't revert the drive back to stock anymore.

3. Haxzor

Haxzor Member

I guess I should have mentioned that in OP. Sorry. Yes, I am running as Admin by right clicking first the entire way no matter what as well as UAC being disabled. Oh, and yes driver enforcment is disabled and portio64 is running just beautifully every time. Any other ideas? Oh, one more thing I forgot. I'm running dosflash in actual boot dos from a USB so admin rights would have nothing to do with it as far as an OS on my hdd is concerned. Also, when shutting down my console is staying on for longer (green light on transmormer, drive stile runnning) and durring that exteneded shut down (about 5 seconds +-) time the green light on front of console blinks twice in about i'd say est. 2 second intervals, every shut down.

--edit--

I just got goin for the day. I'm gunna try dosflash again after having every possible type of memory (xbox and pc) with no type of power for like 12 hours now. Let's cross our fingers and hope this temperamental old drive with feel like co-operating today. Maybe if I do the dance of Kathulu the Astral beasts will help me! It worked for Finn!! "Does this dance please you Astral Beast?!? Doth It Please YOU?!?!?"

--edit--
    Dang. I guess he wasn't pleased, in fact I think I angered him... dosflash can find my drive and I can't eject it to try half open trick. I think I'm going to open the case and open the try manually then power cycle it half open then see what dosflash has to say.

--edit-- (con.)
    **Huge slap across my own face**
    You know when you call customer support and the say "Did you make sure all power cords are connected sir?" And you get all grouchy with them and you look and it was loose and it was your whole problem and then it works fine and you feel like an idiot cuz your sitting there hacking the f***ing thing and the thing that stoped you for hours was a loose power connection... Ya just had that moment. I lifted the drive out of it spot in the box and i expected resistance from the power still being connected to the mother board, but alas I received none I re-connected it powered up an I get a nice solid green ligth..... What I want to know is how the H is that possible when I was flashing it no problem again and again yesterday and then didnt touch the thing at all and it suddenly just can be seen in dosflash and the power is dissconnected??? could it have been loose but barely making enough contact for there to be enough power for dosflash to read the flash but not enough voltage for other function?? IDK that makes the most sense to me
    or maybe I have a freaking xbox gobling that messes with my connecting to my MB while I'm asleep?!?! The world may never know. Will a Mod please mark this as solved or something so all the other retarded people to prod to double check their work before spending hours being frustrated and wasting peoples time on forums.

CHECK YOUR POWER SUPPLY KIDS!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you know this is probably the most funny thread of this year lol i just loved the whole reactions thing... but glad you fixed it ^__^