1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BenQ Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by FNHot, Feb 8, 2008.

1. FNHot

FNHot Member

I just bought an Xbox 360 Elite, cracked it open, it has a BenQ drive in it. I was hoping for a link to maybe a video, or tutorial on how to mod it. I heard it was quite easy now, but all i can find are tutorials that involve soldering.... thats not easy ... to me anyways.

A link to up-to-date firmware would be nice as well, thanks!

2. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

Code:
    http://caster420.360mods.net/VAD6038/BenQ%20iPrep006%20Tutorial.pdf

3. FNHot

FNHot Member

sweet! that's exactly what i needed! thanks!!

follow up, is it possible to flash a drive without a SATA card, and just plug the drive clean into the mother board? ... if so, is there a tutorial on that? ....or am i out to lunch?

4. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

If your mobo has onboard sata ports and the chipset is via or nforce, then yes, just plug it into that.

My mobo has 4 onboard (Nforce4 chipset). I had to plug it in to the top left port for it to work.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  5. FNHot

FNHot Member

thanks! im currently using iPrep .... and it's being weird.

I've it keeps freezing at 0x7F .... when it should be rotating between 0x51 and 0xD1 ..... i've only gotten it to the 51/D1 stage once, and once it locks on 0xD1, it stopped again ... didnt do jack.

Im confused and worried im going to make my 360 into a paper weight. what the heck is going on? ... any suggestions?

6. FNHot

FNHot Member

i figured it out. I was using port 1 when i needed to be on port0 ...

thx ... now to learn about burning

7. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

burning games is simple,
    get a samsung d162c drive flashed with kreon firmware (there are other samsung drive that work just search ebay for kreon flashed drives) install in your pc, download the latest xbox backup creator and you good to go, simply put in your original 360 game , read and save it to disk then write it to a dual layer dvd (use verbatim dl for best results and less ware on laser), any dl burner will work fine.

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

God I wish it was as easy as you made it sound. But there always some little problem that gets in the way lol.

9. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

it is that easy!!!

10. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

If it was that easy you wouldnt see half the post you do on the forms asking for help =). Always that one little bug or error that drives ya crazy.

11. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

it is that easy, but some people cant tie there shoes without help!
    if people use the search on here or google they can do it without questions.
    not to toot my horn buy, i never asked questions and have modded psp, dslite,xbox xbox360 and in the last few weeks wii, all without asking questions because every issue i had was already asked and answered.
    plus there are some people out there that if you tell them yo put peg a in hole b, they will have peg a in hole z and peg c in hole a.
    just read some of the stupid questions that have been asked.

12. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Ha ya I seen some pretty good ones in my day. Although I have to say I did like your Hole A Hole Z theory lol. As for a side comment what did you do to the wii? Did you insert a mod chip or is there a new softmod?

13. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i went with the wii key.

14. FNHot

FNHot Member

so backing up games requires me to flash a drive with different firmware in order to read the games ..... it seems it would be easier to just have an old pc with a decent hard drive kicking around for the pure purpose of backing up games .....

does the firmware affect the burner at all? ... or do i have to reflash it with the original firmware for it to work?

15. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

your lost, you need to do some reading.
    you do not have to flash you drive to make a backup, but you do yo play them.
    we do use a pc to make the backups.
    there is no firmware flashed to a BURNER.

16. FNHot

FNHot Member

oops, i posted this in the wrong thread ... sorry.

i was talking about games, and Xbox Backup Creator .... i put the disc in the drive (in my pc) and it doesnt see it.

17. |CL|

|CL| Regular member

That's because you need a specific drive and flash for it to work.

You need a Samsung SH-D162A, SH-D162B, SH-D162C, SH-D162D, SH-D163A SH-D163B (and there's probably others), flashed with the kreon firmware.

You can also flash the TS-H352C and TS-H353A (the TS-H353A requires the TS-H163A firmwre), with the kreon firmware.

Also, you can flash the Toshiba SD-M2012C with the kreon firmware as well to make it think it's a Samsung.

There might be others, but that's what I can remember for now. Do some research to find out more.

18. joostin

joostin Member

now you say you just bought and cracked it open..... did you do the initial setup of the system first or go right to flashing the drive before even doing the initial setup?? does it matter?

also, did you follow the posted link instructions to the exact note or were there some differences in the steps?

thank you,

justin