1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ber problem?????

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by johnno4, Mar 26, 2007.

1. johnno4

johnno4 Member

hi all i am still having problems with my nokia dbox2 i used to get the channels but all of a sudden they went said waiting for time i have tried to re scan sometime it says transponder scan failed others it will scan wih bruteforce for uk ( comamdo6) but finds nothing zero
    i read somewhere on here about the ber bit error rate i believe some one said this should be as low as possible mine is high on the graph as high as it can go ?? the other two are around 40000 and 60000 is this correct ? and how do can i get the ber down

kind regards i await your replies and many thanks in advance
    john

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The signal strength is too strong or too weak.
    Notify down the readings for BER SNR and SIG.
    Connect your box directly to your feed without any splitter. Compare the result. If the result is better you need an booster and if the result is more worse you need an attenuator.

3. johnno4

johnno4 Member

thank you mgb 17 i will try that as soon as i can many thanks to all concerned in running this fourm and its members for there unpparreled assistance

4. johnno4

johnno4 Member

hi again the ber red line is still high as it will go the counter just keeps counting up ??? if i need a amplifier which do i get so many on the market would yo have a perticular make in mind???
    regards once again