1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie...NO MOD CHIP needed

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Matador, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Matador

Matador Regular member

works on early versions of xbox.

1.Open xbox... hook up PC power cable to HardDrive..But still have IDE cable going to Xbox and Xbox Harddrive.
    2. Start up Xbox and Pc at the same time........Before PC reconizes drives click "pause/break"
    3.Use second IDE channel with no drives on IDE cable.
    4.Swap xbox IDE cable with PC IDE (second channel) cable......hit enter......harddrive will not appear on diagnoz
    5.use "HDD_Driver" if files are missing dl them from web. Will say found Xbox HardDrive......ect... go to tools make backup...will take couple of minutes.
    6.Used "Bert_is_Cheating_on_Ernie_-_The_Pheonix_Project.rar" extracted files..
    7.changed "bert.xtf" to "Xbox Book.xtf" then "snuffleupagus.xtf" to "Xbox.xtf" left......."default.xbe" the on that came with rar file the same.
    8.changed "Xbox Book.xtf" the one on the xbox to "Xbox Book.old" "Xbox.xtf" to "Xbox.old"
    9.since there is no font folder in early version of the xbox....inserted both *.*xtf files , default.xbe, evox.ini file to "System" Folder using "HDD_Driver" one file at the time..Power off pc take off hardDrive add back to Xbox then power off Xbox...reboot Xbox and it should work.

Will get error when running HDD_Driver ...........in my case program close alot so i just ran the program again and again untill I got all the files on Drive.
    Thats all i did to get it running......to back up games will have to use some sort of file manager app. cuz can't see DVD/D: drive when you ftp to xbox.

2. Netscanur

Netscanur Member

3. Ghost88

Ghost88 Guest

ummm yeah buddy i knda lost u after step 2 just what r u doing cause me like to know because me have early xbox

4. Dank

Dank Regular member

just buy a modchip tightasses..
    and i think he means pause/break on the keyboard but i dunno for sure

5. Ghost88

Ghost88 Guest

yeah i am gonna get a chip but what i ment was what is he doing this for? whats it gonna let him do?

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

hahaha..I think Dank is right..keyboard....And for a mod chip i would rather like do some thing hard instead of just adding a mod chip.I like the technical challage....lol

7. nim

nim Member

i know this kind of defeats the purpose of the project (ie not requiring a modchip) but would the easiest method be to connect a stock xbox hdd to a modded xbox, ftp files then put it back in the stock xbox?? if so how would it behave differently to an xbox with a modchip?
    the features i read included larger hdd support etc. i understand by your post matador that when you ftp to the xbox there is no d:\ visable. any other issues??? (re: hahaha) will it run evo and utilities like hddloader

Last edited: Jul 17, 2003
  8. Ghost88

Ghost88 Guest

Personally i think the whole thing is a spam!

And another thing xbox media player with evox is coming this holiday to xbox that lets u share files!

9. Matador

Matador Regular member

Yes if you got some one who has a mod chip then yes you can do it like that..And it should work.Some other bugs are when you press the dvd remote when playing dvd it will reboot.But you can use XBMP and dvdx2 to play ur DVD when out the bug.ANd for the d:\ you can use some file manager app like(XCommander_r2,xToolBox,ect..with those two apps you can directly copy d:\ content to ur PC, just setup XServer.

for more info go to.
    http:\\www.forums.xbox-scene.com\ go to No-Modchip Hacks

10. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

why not just flash the xbox's onboard bios (requires mod chip just to flash it on) but i think you can make your own flash with a few parts from radio shack..
    oh well,,

i'll stick with my matrix..
    peace

11. Matador

Matador Regular member

Phoenix BIOS Loader. Is the best no-mod hack out there.It will load X-ecuter x2 4977 bios, work like a modchip, without any hassles.Use with BIGFONT or BE Reloaded fonts exploits.