1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 007 File for Soft Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by legato777, Dec 27, 2004.

1. legato777

legato777 Member

I tried Itools, and installed evox, and it worked. But then I was talking to this guy and he says not to use that cause it modifys (or changes) your bios,and then went onto say that I needed to flash my system if I was going to do a soft mod, or else it had a high chance of becoming unuasable (disc tray wont eject).

Whats a good working save file I can use?
    Is there any trusth in this?

Thanks for any help at all.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Whoever told you that was a moron.

The WHOLE POINT of the softmod IS to CHANGE your bios so you can have a dashboard and play backups and upload to your xbox hdd. What he says absolutely makes no sense.

There are other ways to do it, but itools is the easiest. Stick with Itools, because it automatically puts everything into place. if you do it manually, you would have to ftp a lot of stuff back and forth. it's not worth the trouble.

The person who told you that was completely wrong. Seriously, how could you flash your system without a modchip in place? It wouldn't even read the disc without some type of modification to the system.

There is no truth in that AT ALL. Just use the UDE installer in Itools and you'll be fine.