1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best '1 Click Encoder/Ripper' ?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by JMcQueen, May 29, 2004.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

So just (S)VCDs for you? Isnt that ... boring? :p

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I make S/VCDs only when I am compiling some videos for my wife but other wise I am strictly DVD back-ups. I use them because they are compatible with our stand alone DVD players. I used to do DiVx exclusively but with the coming of the DVD burner it now all seems pointless. I enjoy tearing my PC apart and tweaking the daylight out of it and I am also a muscian and composer so my PC is also used as a multitrack studio. In fact while I am writing this I am sitting here playing guitar. But no I'm not bored.

3. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

Perhaps I should elaborate a little....

I've built a HTPC system with a 300gb SATA drive and intend to store all my audio/visual to be played through my plasma screen and speaker setup. The maximum that I can give to each film is around 1gb, stretching to maybe 1.5 but I would really like to keep it to 1gb. So I guess it's what ever gives the best quality for 1.0gb

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

mpeg 4 is educational to me, and for my games movie extract.

the wonder of DVD, i'm thinking of getting one, a cheap one, the wonder of a incomeless college kid. :p.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php

look at the guides, from this site too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2004