1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best 26 and 32" tv right now?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by copythis, May 10, 2007.

1. copythis

copythis Member

I am looking to purchase a brand new tv that will be hooked up to the following: brand new hp media centre pc and an xbox 360. i was looking at a sharp, panasonic or samsung tv. i understand that those are what most magazines prefer. also keep in mind that i am looking for somethign to last me for at leats the next five years so 1080p is almost a necessity even though most tv channels dont run on it yet.

2. AE27

AE27 Regular member

You need a TV thats 37" and up to have a 1080p display. You would need to do some research on which 37" can do 1080p.

3. Bo_Hagan

Bo_Hagan Member

i got a samsung but took it back and got a sony as it has better colors, there not as bright but there more life like

4. wickedzx5

wickedzx5 Member

i am using a 32" Westinghouse LCD 720p (1080i) tv as my computer monitor/xbox360/regular tv right now. i have nothing but good things to say about it. especially considering the price i picked it up for! it was $499.99 on black friday of 2006 ;) i say you try and wait until black friday (or another big sale day) and pick yourself up something nice for a really good price. definately go with LCD if you can tho. it will cost you a little more than plasma (which i actually dont think they even make in the sizes you mentioned) but there is also no fear of burn-in/after image like there is with the plasma. as far as 1080p being a requisite, you will need to go with a larger tv as the other poster already stated. another thing: this will be hooked up to an xbox360 right? well if your tv is 720p/1080i like mine is, then make sure that you only try and run the games at 720p. there are very few games out that are even made for 1080i and the picture will look better at 720p anyway ;) good luck tho! buying a new tv is always fun haha