1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best 360 mod chip

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kyored, May 25, 2007.

1. kyored

kyored Member

I've been trying to do some research on which is the best mod chip to get for the 360 and I need some help. I wanted to know which mod chip I can use to get on live (playing a original) with out jumping on the ban-wagon. I just wanted to play back-ups for games that I didn't use on live. thanks if you can help.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

best mod chip is no mod chip at all. Just flash the DVD drive.
    And if you decide you do want to play on Xbox Live then i would not mod the console at this time because you will most surely get banned. Wait until someone can (hopefully) create a firmware that will get around this.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  3. kyored

kyored Member

I read that there were chips that leaves your firmware normal and can turn off when playing original games on live. Does that mean MS can still detect and ban your counsel even thought your chip is off on online?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure on that one. Would have to check around to see if anyone with a chip has been banned. someone started athread about it today so i would wait and keep checking that thread as your answer will come sooner or later.