1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Anti-Spyware Virus Protection Program

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by MaleManX, Jan 17, 2007.

1. MaleManX

MaleManX Member

I currently have Norton Antivirus. However, my subscription is about to end. I was about to renew it when I found out that there was a newer version out, a more expensive version. I could still renew, as it's cheaper, but I don't feel like paying if I know it's not the best there is.

What is the best anti-virus program? I would prefer a program that's professional. Thanks.

2. kateman

kateman Regular member

NORTAN? your computer is stuffed!!! its like one of the worst scanners i've seen.

did u even bother looking at this before you posted?:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257

if you want my opinion: avast and avg do the job well together. the thing is to have harmony with all your scanners. for example: avg and spybot dont work together well (well spybot's not great anyway and seems to have a problem with many scanners). also, panda and avast dont like eachother.

3. eric545

eric545 Regular member

4. douchrti

douchrti Member

Im using BitDefender right now. Seems to work great.
    I used Avast AV and Ad-Aware with a Sygate Firewall for the last 2 years before that.

Hope this helps,

5. wmayhem

wmayhem Member

I personally like avast. When I had Norton it slowed down my computer really bad.

6. kateman

kateman Regular member

@wmayhem: it may have slowed down your computer because it clashes with alot of other programs.