1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best AVI to DVD encoding Software

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by hgilmore, Nov 3, 2004.

1. hgilmore

hgilmore Member

Hello.

I was wondering if someone could offer me a bit of advise.

I'm looking to backup a .avi file into DVD format, but before I do I was wondering if anyone could advise which software gives the best quality results.

So far, I have started to follow the guide on this website that gives advise on how to use TMPGEnc, I did start this process but it was going to take around 20 hours to complete the re-encode, so I thought I would wait. The main reason been that the guide state that it give very good results, but not excellent.

I had read elsewhere that DVD Santa was a good option and was also quick so I gave this a try, sure enough it was quick but I wasn't too impressed with the quality, infact I thought the quality once in DVD format had dropped by quite alot from the original .avi file.

So, is there any software that will transfer the .avi file into DVD format without any loss of quality, (Or very little noticle loss).

Thanks in advance for any advise offered.

Cheers!.

2. Bobisnew

Bobisnew Guest

Hello!
    I have not used TMPGEnc yet, mostly becuase of the time it takes to convert. To convert avi to dvd their is a new program by vso vsoDivxToDVD, afterdawn just had a post of it. I used it and got decent quality dvd's. It only takes about and hour to convert from avi to dvd, then burn. www.vso-software.fr look for vsoDivxtoDvd. If anyone has already used TMPGEnc and vsoDivxToDVD, could you tell me which gives better results thanks. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2004
  3. hgilmore

hgilmore Member

Thanks, I'll give it a go and post on here what quality it produces.

I don't think I'm going to be using the PC this weekend so I might also run TMPGEnc, then at least I can give a comparison!.

Thanks for the advise.

4. lapinou

lapinou Member

there is a new version of divxtodvd released today . you can download it from www.vso-software.fr