1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Brand?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Demon187, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Demon187

Demon187 Guest

Whats The Best Brand Of DVD+R's To Backup/Burn Games On?

2. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I use fujifilm and haven't had one coaster yet. I also have a couple of Memorex backups that work real well. The top brands in my opinion Fujifilm, Memorex, and Ritek.

3. telescope

telescope Regular member

I think Ritek and verbatim r good ones

4. dcall7

dcall7 Member

with regards to my success:

1.verbatims
    2.ritek
    3.memorex (not that successful)

5. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

It's really just trial and error because some brands work with some people that don't work with others. Try one or couple of brands we recomended and see how it works._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2003
  6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

I would say ritek because they are the best value

I have tried all of the brands of discs mentioned above and for the money ritek's performance is equal to the best discs on the market plus they are the cheap

7. Xian

Xian Regular member

I haven't really had trouble with any media. I tried the Meritline 4x sampler pack which gives you 2 each of 5 different brands and I tried one of each for both a PS2 backup and a DVD video backup. All of the PS2 backups worked, Optodisk had trouble with some pixelation on one of my DVD players. I know the sampler pack had Ritek, BeAll, Optodisk, and a couple other brands. I would agree with c7015 and telescope that Ritek is the best value for the price and reliability. I have had one backup that I had to reburn using Ritek media and one with Verbatim. The backups would still load, but loaded slow. Reburning it again worked.

8. Demon187

Demon187 Guest

So Ritek & Fujifilm Are The Best? Which U Think Would Last Longer And Wont Mess Up? And I Called Circuit City, Best Buy & Office Max And Can't Seem To Find Ritek Brand CD's Anyone Know Where I Can Get These From?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2003
  9. Backupman

Backupman Member

allmediaoutlet.com has very good deals on ritek and others.1.09 each for ritek min 25

10. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Demon187 I think that you will find that both brands perform the same and will last much much longer than your ps2 ever will but the difference will be in the price. I get ritek's for 1.25 from www.rima.com and they are much much cheaper than the fuji film discs with no difference in performance or longevety

11. WEStar

WEStar Active member

How come I never see anyone mention Mitsui... Do not confuse these with Mitsumi... although expensive(cheapest I've seen is $7cdn)it's a good brand also in my opinion.