1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best burn method & imgburn settings (xgd3 &xgd2)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bazzini1, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Bazzini1

Bazzini1 Newbie

Hi. So as you can see from a few of my last threads I am fairly new to this. I just wanted to know what's the best settings you guys recommend for imgburn when burning isos. Also would the process be any different for xdg3 and xdg2. I know that you need to over burn for the xdg3 which is not a problem as I have the new Sony optiarc plus drive which eliminates the need for max burner. I just want to know what settings you guys recommend to prevent coasters and if there is a difference in the process/settings for burning xdg3 or xdg2. Oh, and as it says in the title I'm using imgburn to burn all my isos.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. richietea

richietea Regular member

I wouldn't tweak anything until you do your first burn.The drive you have or purchasing is a "straight out of the box" solution.Try a full xgd3 backup image and try to install it to your HDD.Many people have not had any problems with burning backups with default settings and your drive.I see from your other post that you have decent media to burn.So basically your good to go for both xgd3 and xgd2..

3. Bazzini1

Bazzini1 Newbie

So I don't have to change the settings at all? I read that some people manually put in the layer breaks and stuff like that. I'm guessing default it's set to auto if you're telling me not to change anything at all?

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

LAYER BREAK SHOULD BE SET TO AUTO.damn caps..it will change itself when needed.

5. Bazzini1

Bazzini1 Newbie

Okay thanks! So Ill just leave everything at default settings and hopefully I dont end up with a coaster. As for the burn speed I know its usually better for slower speed but some people say that its not. What do you recommend for burn speed? Should I do it at 2.4x? Will it actually let me do it at that speed or should I do it at 4x?

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

2.4x will be fine whether you use 2x or 8x discs,the only time i made coasters was burning 8x discs at 6x using verbs from singapore,that was around 5 failures out of 200 (most of which were 2x discs) burns all because of burn speed to high,i did a few burns at 4x on 8x discs with no issues tho very few as i decided 2.4 always got good results using the 2x discs,ok you confused now :p

becareful not to rip games at higher than 4x

7. richietea

richietea Regular member

I use x4 with verbatim 003's (Singapore) never had a bad burn and Kprobe results are excellent.As scorpNZ its dependant on the discs you buy.