1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best burning program for creating "chapters" in SVCD's

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Maverick®, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

Which is the best burning program for putting "chapters" into SVCD's, ie. so that when you play the SVCD on an ordinary DVD player, you can jump to the next "chapter" (say every 10 Minutes) without having to manually fast forward.

Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If im not mistaken, almost any burning proggie that lets you burn SVCDs should be adequate.... just make sure that each section of the movie that you want to be its own chapter is in a separate file and add all these files onto the svcd when you burn it (hehe you will be limited to 99 chapters of course).

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

-oops-_

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  4. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

Thanks for your reply but I wasn't referring to burning multiple mpgs. I was referring to the typical movie SVCD, ie. one 800MB mpg2.

I know Ulead DVD Movie Factory lets you put in "chapters" when burning from a single file but it's not what I call a nice program.

Is there anyway to do this in Nero (ie. while still burning from a single file) or is there any other program that anyone knows of that allows you to do this?

Thanks

5. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

Ive used vcdeasy when i wanted to insert chapters into my svcds, it works quite well. If you are making a backup of a dvd, it allows you to extract the chapter setup from the dvd, or you can dictate what you what the chapters to be.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Use DVD2SVCD and create bin& cue file format m8 as burning this method you can scroll through the chapters via your backup. If you burn the "bbmpeg" files then you can only ff, fw.
    DVD2SVCD: http://www.dvd2svcd.org/
    BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/downloads/
    ^Freebie burning program to burn bin& cue and very reliable! You'll need CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) TMPENc or Canopus ProCoder= not free encoders.

Shoey :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Certified Computer Technician
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Forum Rules^
    Mobo: KT4VL MSI-6712
    CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2.5
    Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX440-8x
    Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd

[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2003