1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Burning Software

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lauzzie, Jun 26, 2007.

1. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Although I still love DVD Shrink and use it a lot there are quite often times when my burn fails. I am assuming this is because the program is no longer updated. Could you please tell me what is currently the best options for copying and burning. Thanks in advance.

2. Shardel

Shardel Guest

I use AnyDVD, Shrink and Imgburn 90% of the time and have been
    having no problems. Occasionally when a movie is particularly
    difficult I will use DVD Fab Decrypter and FixVTS. Then I use
    Shrink and Imgburn. There has not been a movie I have been unable
    to back up.
    When your next burn fails I would suggest posting a log so we have
    more information. The problem may be coming from something other
    than Shrink. It would also be helpful when you post your log, if
    you tell us what burner you are using and what media.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

lauzzie,theres lots of combos you can use.

using anydvd behind dvd shrink will work fine

or clonedvd 2 + anydvd is a great combo also, try the free 21 day trial

heres some software and guides

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

4. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Thanks for the help. Just another question. Is AnyDVD a free program or do I have to pay for it.

5. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

You have to pay for it (49.00)

I bought back when it was cheap but I wouldn't buy it now.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is Free and updates just as often as AnyDVD.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

anydvd has a free 21 day trial after that you you need to buy it, lots of times you can you a coupon code and receive 10% off

7. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I will agree that AnyDVD is a great piece of software that will rip for you. I do not agree that using DVD Shrink is the best way to use it. You can Rip your movie to HDD with AnyDVD on it's own.

If you choose to purchase AnyDVD it is worth it, but their are free alternatives to making backups of DVD movies.

DVDFab Decrypter (Free Version)
    VobBlanker (Free)
    DVD Shrink (Free)
    ImgBurn (Free)
    DVDReBuilder (A Free Version and a Pro version that is paid for)

With DVDReBuilder you can use the free version and soon you will probably want to purchase the Pro Version. It's a great piece of software.

DVDReMake Pro is better than VobBlanker with many more features but it cost money to have it. I love it!

RipIt4Me is harder to find but it is a great peice of software as well. It uses DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink to do the job. You should have both of those programs installed first so that RI4M will find them. Otherwise you will have to use the custom settings in the program to point to the two programs. It is not updated any longer but it still does a great job until there is new copy protection that it can not handle.

So basically there are free options that work almost 95% of the time. Sometimes you may have to try 2 or 3 different ways to get the movie done, but it doesn't cost any money to do it and learn all of the tricks that we help people with he at Ad!

As it has been said slysoft offers a 21 day free trial of their software. If you check their site and wait for a discount you can save 5 bucks off the software.

8. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Edit: Browser messed up!(

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  9. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Edit: Once again!!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

syxguns, did you really need to post that three times lol , you can edit the other two

11. syxguns

syxguns Active member

MichaelP1-
    Sorry about that!! Last night when I was posting my browser went haywire on me! I did not realize that it was posted 3 times. After I posted once the browser would not show the thread, so I pressed "Post Reply" two more times before I rebooted the machine! I didn't even know that the it was posted once!

Thanks for mentioning it:)

12. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

That used to be true but Slysoft has done so much lately to make AnyDVD work with Shrink that it now works better than CloneDVD2. A lot of CloneDVD2 users have been complaining about it on their forum.

I really have to hand it to Slysoft they went above and beyond to make shrink users happy. They rewrote all the code and totally redone AnyDVD.

13. syxguns

syxguns Active member

taylor30-
    I will agree with you on that. They have made considerable changes to AnyDVD to make it compatible with Shrink. I however won't shrink something before I have removed unwanted information from the DVD.

Neither CloneDVD2 or Shrink offers the option to remove everything that you do not want. Unless you are recording "Movie Only" or using the Re-Author in Shrink.

I personally like to keep menu's but I don't like warnings, and trailers, etc. You can use VobBlanker to get rid of these items for free before you ever use Shrink. AnyDVD has the feature to rip the movie to the HDD as well as other ripping engines. That's just my personal preference.

14. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

clonedvd 2 is capable of this

15. syxguns

syxguns Active member

MichaelP1-
    It is good but not good enough. CloneDVD2 is good but if I remove everything with it and run it through VobBlanker there is still a lot that it does not give you the option to remove.

I have DVDReMake Pro. With that program I can even go deeper into the files, remove items, change structure, change menu's, etc. The more detailed you get when burning movies, the more you learn about them.

Now I do not do this with every title. I only do it on movies that I truly want a perfect backup of. Some movies just aren't worth the extra time it takes to follow the process. If that is the case then I will just remove with CloneDVD2 and not worry about the little things.

For example: I can change menu's to my own original menu's using stills from the movie, or make changes on the actual menu. Take a language selection menu. I don't want Spanish, French, Directors commentary, etc. I can not only remove the button from the menu, I can also change the menu to not even have those choices.

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I have to agree with syxguns, DRMP (dvdremake pro) is the best editing software out there that I have ever used but it is not freeware.

follow it up with RB Pro/CCE and you've got as close to perfect a backup as you're gonna get without using an expensive DL dvd. then let RB automatically build an iso and burn with imgburn.

17. syxguns

syxguns Active member

Hey Mort!!
    Glad to see a familiar name!

18. afulle03

afulle03 Member

You really think that they made ANYDVD to work better with DVD shrink. Over the last two months my ANYDVD and DVDSHRINK have refused to work together. I used to absolutly love it, not I hate it. ANYDVD to work in the background and remove all the "trash" open up DVD shrink, it analizes the disc "showing" not encrypted, Ok thats done. I chose the files I want, hit back up, and BOOM, a pop up saying cannot back up disc files are encrypted. ??WTF?? I have had this on many DVD's recently. I can close ANYDVD and just use DVDshrink and it will back up with no prob, What is the matter with this now? Can anyone help?

19. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

only thing i can think of is to make sure you have the latest version of anydvd and try doing a clean reinstall of both programs. sounds like you have a conflit somewhere with other programs. what other software burning programs do you have loaded on your machine?

20. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

o

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007