1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Buy Geek Squad Job

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by prncess21, May 29, 2007.

1. prncess21

prncess21 Member

hello. i was called in today for an interview to work at the best buy geek squad precinct. I was wondering if anybody has gone through the interview process and how the job is like and basically what can i expect. I know my way around computers, so thats not a problem. btw...i am female...if that even makes a difference.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

greys anatomy and house. that sounds cool---a girl with a phd and a vicodin habit comming to my house to remove spyware-- hehehe. sorry im just joking around. the job sounds cool, go for it. nothing is better than experience.

4. MegaSep

MegaSep Member

I worked for Best Buy as a PC Tech when the initally start their Geek Squad theme. The job was pretty good experience, all you will get is mostly PC repair and some networking. One of two things may happen with the position if you are hired. One, you could be hired as an in store tech meaning you will repair computers and offer advice and upgrades to customers. Two, which is not likely, you could be hired as the in-home technician and drive around and repair computers or install networks, etc. I was offered the in-home position, but passed cause I thought it sounded gay. But after awhile I wished that I would have taken it. Would have been a lot better than helping out customer after customer, oh yea and Christmas season at Best Buy or any other retail store blows....! -Giggity

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go for in home technician if offered as you'll get a lot more experience then in store. i know as i do that for a living.