1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Camera for capture???

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Oddacon, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Oddacon

Oddacon Guest

I am looking for the best digital camera in my range. I will be doing a lot of artistic capturing, outdoors, nighttime. Which will entail close ups, stuff like that. I’m looking to spend at most up to $580. Anyone have recommendations for my camera quest?

2. C0nfused

C0nfused Guest

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

I would strongly recommend the Sony DSC-P5, which may now be an old model, but I have been using it for 4 months. It has some very useful features and if you buy the 128MB memory stick you can store well over 1000 pics, or over an hour of MPEG (low quality) video! It even has an underwater case available, which I have tested and is fab! It is the only camera I know of with a proper commercially available underwater kit. Because it was designed to also work with this, it has some additional features which will help you with close up and night shots, as you mentioned (it can get very dark down there!). It costs around $400.

Good luck.

Paul.