1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best cd-r

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by Trigun, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Trigun

Trigun Member

What's the best blank cd for burning anime episodes and anime movies? I heard that Verbatim Data Life Plus was very good.

Thanks,
    Trigun

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Data Lifes are good. Taiyo Yuden makes good ones too.

3. Trigun

Trigun Member

Where do I get n e of those?? Tried Walmart and Target, I can't buy stuff online, sorry.

Trigun

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty much a recluse and do all my buying online. If there are any big electronics stores like Best Buy or Fry's in your area you might try those and look for Fuji, TDK or Maxell as well as your Verbatims. You can also try office supply stores like Office Depot or Staples. I'd check their websites to get an idea of what they carry.

5. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I use Fuji, TDK or Maxell and never had problems.

I also find that Fuji seems to have a lot of Taiyo Yuden in their packages.

6. MrYang

MrYang Guest

The most popular discs at the moment are the verbatim azo dye discs although the disc which is most easily available is the Ritek white top which has an inkjet printable surface, because this disc has a matt surface it acts like the back to a mirror and gives excellent reflectivity for both read and write.

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

The fuji disks i bought last year were tayo yuden, not sure if they still use them or not.

8. artagel

artagel Member

I just bought some Fuji (made in Japan) from Office Max today. They are indeed Taiyo Yuden. From what I've gathered here, TY is the best stuff, if your drives like them. They are a bit more expensive, but probably worth it for the piece of mind.

HOWEVER. Office Max is selling Ridata (evidently Made by Ritek, according to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/44763) CD-R 100 pack (no spindle even) for 20.00 with a $20 mail-in rebate. Now, it's always buyer beware on these mailin rebates), but if indeed Ritek, it's a good deal even at $20, if your drive likes them... I've heard some chatter that some drives don't like 'em, but if you've used other Ritek disks, you'll be OK. Any one have recent confirmation on these Ridata disks?

TDK (Taiwan) seems to be Ritek too, but TDK's not guaranteed... Maxell's are often Ritek as well, but Memorex, is more often CMC(BAD)

Just some collected thread knowledge...

-Bennett

9. Liquify

Liquify Member

I use TDK all the time, i've never had a problem.

10. ReaSer

ReaSer Guest

vertabims

11. phyldidit

phyldidit Guest

After testing most brands for music I now exclusively use Verbatim Data Life+ (TY if made in Japan and Mitsubishi if in India or Taiwan), unbranded TY and TY Fuji Film. Never a coaster and great replay quality.

12. mr_lemon

mr_lemon Member

I've used a lot of discs to make VCD's of anime and I find the Fuji Film (made in japan) and the Verbatims better for those applications. Ive tried some cheaper disks, but sometimes get play back issues.

I also noticed slower speed burns (8x,12x) will play back better then high speed burns(24x,32x,40x), specially at the END of the VCD.

Then there is the burner. Im using an LG 40x12x48 and its not so good at the End of a VCD but my brothers LiteOn makes perfect VCD's from start to finish, even with less then perfect media.

13. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Trigun: try an electronics/computer store... Walmart and Target dont exactly strike me as... high tech stores although you should be able to find Maxell discs (which are too bad) there.