1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best choice of DVD burner for PS2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dudeness, Dec 1, 2003.

1. dudeness

dudeness Member

Hello,

Would anyone mind sharing some of their reccomendations for best choice of DVD burner? And is the DVD-R format the one that is pretty much standard for PS2 dvd backups?

Any specific ones to avoid?

I want to spend as little as possible on one but don't want to buy a crap one that will break down.

Also, if anyone could respond to my thread about the version 2 ps2 below I would appreciate it.

Thank you

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

Well I beleive that DVD-r is the way to go, but DVD+r may work depending on what version ps2 you have. It seems that a lot of people have the sony burners and like them. I was cheap and got a Toshiba for around $100 and it's been working fine.

3. SoCalSRH

SoCalSRH Regular member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  4. dudeness

dudeness Member

DVD+R isn't supported by my PS2 version (2)... but I'd have use of it for other reasons aside from backups.

Is that DVD-RAM format of any foreseeable use?

Thanks for your advice guys.

5. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

I read somewhere that it was mainly for database backup. It has no use in terms of backing up. The majority of dvd burners dont even write to dvd-ram soo..

6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

I just got a Liteon 411s for $90 on black Friday. I haven't tryed it yet but i went to many sites to look for reviews and it got pretty good ratings. It seemed like less people had problems when they updated to the newest firmware. So I'll see how everything goes. You can go to http://www.dvdrhelp.com and search many different dvd writers and see the ratings and reviews people gave them.