1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best clonecd version to burn games? or anything else better than clonecd?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by fazes23, Feb 26, 2007.

1. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

i have burnt mostly every game with no prob using clonecd. but my comp crashed and i have version 5.3.0.1 and its not going so good. most games burn but wont play on my xbox. anything else better out there? or a older version of clonecd

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

use image burn to burn with, works better for me than clonecd does, just make sure you set the layer break in the write options tab.

3. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

I prefer Imageburn too, but I always keep a CloneCD install on my comp for just in case.

4. navsav

navsav Regular member

img is free - i had pruchased clonecd before getting img and regret spending hte money on it since img is free and actually a better tool.

5. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

I like xbox backup creator myself.

6. chibby

chibby Member

Anybody got a link to img?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.imgburn.com/

Get version 2.1 and not the newest 2.2
    I know 2 people who tried making 360 games with it and both were not successful.
    Also remember a few things.
    1. use the booktype feature if your burner supports it
    2. manually set the layer break. You only have to do this once as it will save it. But if you burn anything other that 360 games on DL discs you will have to take it out.
    3. unless you have the Samsung drive in your 360 (running Xtreme52 firmware)the game will have to be booktyped to DVD-Rom and i think it also has to be a stealth copy (Xbox Backup Creator can check the ISO to see if it is stealth. If you rip it from an original disc with the latest version of XBC it will be stealth)

8. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

just dled imgburn 2.2 and burned fear with no prob. fear didnt want to load in the 360 when i burned with clonecd. so i guess imgburn is the way to go ;)