1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best data DVD software?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Briareos, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Briareos

Briareos Member

I own a Sony DRU-500AX which works just fine with all burning programs, except Nero hen doing DVDs...it hangs up before caching any files or when checking the disk. The strange thing that Nero is the only program which has problems, and only when burning DVDs...so I just wanted to know if someone has a good option to it, RecordNow DX, bundled with the unit is not really a great program...thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

hmm, why is nero having trouble??? does it not see your drive or something??

3. Briareos

Briareos Member

The drive is correctly seen by the system and all programs, Nero included, and if I write normal CDs with it, ther's no problem. Nero is the only program that has problems when burning DVDs, and it is the 5.5.10.28, not an old version...the drive has the 2.0f firmware, I don't kwno what to do with that program...

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

And when u go to burn a dvd what happens?

5. Briareos

Briareos Member

Just after I hit the burn button, usually when checking the disk (perfectly fine Magnex DVD-R) or when caching files (if any).

6. Biglad

Biglad Regular member

Hiya m8, have to be honest in my experience I have tried a few different bits of software and I now use Record Now Max all the time. Can't seem to get on with Nero myself.

7. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I agree. Nero has probs with the DRU500AX. Took me many a disc to finally admit that Nero is indeed the weakest link in the set up.

I use Record Now Max now and have not had a prob yet. Fingers crossed...