1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Digital Camcoder under $1200??

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by caladin, Sep 25, 2004.

1. caladin

caladin Member

MiniDV Handycam® Camcorder DCR-HC1000 is what I have been looking over but then again my CamCorder is 10 years old.

Im looking to do film all kinds of things in diverse light enviroments and will be transferring by firewire then editing with computer to burn to DVD.

thanks

2. StormFire

StormFire Guest

Can`t comment on US prices, but try and get one with dv-in , low motor noise and good optical zoom. I`d tend towards a Panasonic or JVC. Stay clear of Samsung. Test a Canon which are brilliant except for a loud motor (maybe they`ve fixed that by now).

3. butchr

butchr Guest

Check out www.camcorderinfo.com you will be glad you did. I to was looking for a new camcorder and what I found out is stay away from any camcorder that records to disk. I picked up the panasonic PVGS 400 and it is great. Everything the reviews said it was. $1300.00 but is well worth it. To get a better camcorder you will be spending 2000.00 or more. It is being compared to the Canon GL2.

Butch