1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best digital tv tuner?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by kemosobby, Jan 30, 2004.

1. kemosobby

kemosobby Member

Prefer something with surround sound, not just 2 output stero sound.

thanks

2. luxurylap

luxurylap Member

Digital Terrestrial, Sat or Cable?
    DVB or ATSC?
    Euro or US?

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I have one of these and it is SWEET.. HIPix DTV-200 It records High Definition along with alot of other stuff and allows playback on my PC monitor or I can output to my HDTV.. Also does regular cable and DTV broadcasts as well, comes with remote control.. To many features to list here.. Here is a link if you want to check it out http://www.telemann.com/

Matt

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Motomatt do they make one that connects to PC using firewire, with same features. I only have USB2 and Firewire on my notebook.

5. rds1955

rds1955 Guest

I'm going to buy one of these in about a week or two... I Will keep u all posted as to my progress and pitfalls with this thing...

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Prisoner,

I dont know for sure but I would think not because of the limitations of USB not being able to transfer data at a high enough speed for HDTV. Not positive about this but check the website anyways

Matt

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Thanks Matt,
    I have been tring to find a good Digial tool to input into my notebook since July 2003. This one would be perfect if it was Firewire or could be addapted to PCMCIA card type 1,2 or 3. Looks like I might be stuck with video input and use a channel decoder outside the Notebook.

8. rds1955

rds1955 Guest

Question concerning the HIPix DTV-200 ... I have DirecTV satelitte, digital only right now... Will this card allow me to receive Hi Def through DirecTV without subscribing to their Hi Def package??? I know it'll allow me to get the local channels off of a regular antennae, but most of the stuff I record off satellite cause I pay for that..I called the folks where the card is distributed from, and they couldn't give me a certain answer..Will I have to get a Hi Def receiver from DirectTV and subscribe to their Hi Def package??? If thats the case, then I'll just forget getting this thing, and buy the receiver and hook my PC up to it and engineer my own PVR...anyone have any info, please pass it along..Thanks..