1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best drive for using with wxripper

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bigal344, Apr 20, 2007.

1. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good external dvd drive for using to make backups with wxripper???

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

why dont you just buy the samsung shd-162c drive. it would so much easier that the old wnxripper method

3. bigal344

bigal344 Member

You'll have to excuse me because although i've been doing PS2 stuff for awhile, i'm new to the 360 side of things.
    I understand the idea behind hotswapping using wxripper.
    I've found the samsung dvd-rom drive that you mentioned,presumably i can use this in conjunction with suitable software (Xbox backup creator/schtrom or similar) to extract what i need from the original disc??

4. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Just ordered the samsung drive, where can i download the kreon firmware for this, any links please??????

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

just google it....or try on xbox-scene.com they might have it but im not sure.

6. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Cheers, have found version 8.1 and downloaded, do you know if this is the latest version for the shd-162c drive?????

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yea .81 is the newest one still i think.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

In case you might have missed it, the samsung 162c is just a dvd-rom... so you'll still need a burner.

I've read a few posts before where members got their drive only to find out it won't burn. Just giving ya a heads-up.

Once flashed with kreon 81, the 162c will still work as a regular pc drive only now it'll be able to read the security info from 360 AND xbox 1 games.

It also seems that lately there have been alot of posts about members having problems with Xbox Backup Creator and new game. You might want to try Schtrom v3.2.

Anyhow... good luck and welcome to the scene.

9. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Understood, but i've got a pioneer 111 for the burning side of things, the samsung is on on order, the kreon 8.1 is downloaded and ready to update.
    On the software side of things , i have schtrom v3.2 and xbox backup creator, and i was leaning towards using schtrom, so i'll give that a try first.
    Thanks to everyone for the help so far.

10. duzmi

duzmi Member

If you use xbox backup creator then find v2.4.
    v2.5 tends to report video sectors as being "questionable",when in reality they aren't. I used 2.5, got the error on every game i tried so then went back to 2.4 which works just fine.

11. bigal344

bigal344 Member

Thanks for that, i have got v2.5, but think i may use Schtrom anyway, we'll see.......