1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best drives for playing/burning

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ss9918, Nov 8, 2007.

1. ss9918

ss9918 Member

What do you guys think the best dvd drive to have in your 360 is and what version should it be? It looks like the samsung m25 may be a good choice.

Also, is the samsung 162 w/kreon firmware the best drive to make backups using the m25 or should i go for another burner for my backups?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, i would say the MS25 would be the best 360 drive to have.
    and for sure the SH-D162C (IDE) or SH-D163A (SATA) DVD-Rom drive in your PC is by far the best and easiest way to make back ups from original discs.
    Also make sure you use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs as they are very good quality.
    And it helps if you have a DVD burner that can booktype the DVD+R DL to DVD-Rom when burning.

3. ss9918

ss9918 Member

Ok but i heard the samsung 162 doesnt do booktyping?

4. sourD

sourD Regular member

A sh-d162c has never been advertised as a burner. Making it incapable of booktyping or making DL disks. A pioneer 111d is the best for hastle free burning. That will automatically booktype and does a great job on DL disks

5. steimy

steimy Active member

correct. The Samsung DVD-Rom drives only read DVD's, they are not burners. For that you need a good Dual Layer burner like the one above, or any BenQ burner that can use Q-Suite 2.0 like mine. Which will also automatically booktype to DVD-Rom once you set it in Q-Suite 2.0

and Q-Suite 2.0 also has a few other options that you can use for your burner. And a lot of the better BenQ burners can do Lightscribe if your into that sort of thing. I have it and with the amount of time it takes to Lightscribe a disc a never use it. Athough it does put out a nice looking disc.

6. ss9918

ss9918 Member

ok thanks for the help