1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dual-layer DVD drives to buy (using DELL PC)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by schnoo, Jun 12, 2007.

1. schnoo

schnoo Member

i dont know if the type of PC matters, but I would like some opinions on the best Dual-layer DVD drive to write backups (for present and future wii games).

thanks

2. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Only need single layer discs at the moment at least, not sure if it is a technical limmitation of the Wii or just they are only that big presently. Pioneer is a good brand if you need a DL.

3. schnoo

schnoo Member

someone mentioned burning at 4x speed... is burning single layer at 2x speed too slow??
    i am burning on Sony DVD-Rs

4. OzMick

OzMick Guest

The only reason I'd recommend burning those discs at 4x is just to make sure I had less to do with Sony. If there has ever been an overrated, overpriced brand, it is Sony. 2x is fine, if anything, slower can be better, tends to introduce less read errors. Discs don't cost too much anyway, so experiment a bit.

I have been using cheaper Laser brand discs lately, they're hardly the best, most reputable brand (but far from the worst I've used either), but they last at least a few years, and hey, the purpose of backups is to just protect the original, so it just means you can be a bit less careful about your backup.