1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD brand to burn 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CentanniM, Mar 8, 2008.

1. CentanniM

CentanniM Member

Hey,

What is the best brand to use to burn 360 games. Some people told me to use Sony,Memorex,Vertabam(sp). But what is the best brand?

-Thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No question it's Verbatim and it to be more specific the ones that are Made in Singapore are the absolute best of the Verbatims.
  4. hakentt

hakentt Member

Verbatims are the #1 choice, If you can't find Verbatim, then Sony brand is barely good enough. Anything else is waste.
  5. MrXbox90

MrXbox90 Guest

Dude, try to search the threads before you post, every other thread talks about Verbatims, don't be lazy.
  6. pstamer

pstamer Guest

Try supermediastore.com. They sell verbatims for very good price. I would only let verbs in my drive if I were you.
  7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

While I buy my Verb dls locally, I can vouch for Supermediastore.com. I get my Taiyo Yudens I use for movies from there and have had zero problems over the past couple years.
  8. mimicsoft

mimicsoft Member

Here is what I found if you're into Memorex brand (which I don't really suggest you should but since I got a few in stock I might as well use them) I found the old 2.4X (red package) works quite fine with 100% success rate. The new 8X (purple package) doesn't work at all (0% success rate after like 10 tries) with same burner, same iso file that proven worked on the 2.4x. On the box even they said it support 2.4x to 8x my drive detected the min speed for the 8x is 4x (then 6x, 8x) So Memorex lied. Could be just my drive's problem so if you wanna try go ahead. What about other brands? I know Verbatim is what everyone said working best but is there are a diff between the 2.4x and the 8x one?
  9. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

i find newegg to be the cheapest for verbatims.
  10. Bruisers

Bruisers Member

I use the Purple wrapping Memorex DL and they all work for me, and they are pretty cheap as well, but they don't work well with everyone else I have heard from, so I would go with what everyone else is saying.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  11. slimdawg

slimdawg Regular member

newegg is a crap shoot when it comes to getting discs from Singapore and not India, I'd rather use ebay.
  12. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'm on my second pack of these and have zero problems.
  13. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

I bought 2 packs of 20s off of newegg and 1 was MII and the other was MIS. MII wasn't very good...

but yeah: Verb and Sony DLs are good!
  14. murphy77

murphy77 Guest

if you want to burn xbox 360 games with out any errors use the program Xbox Backup Creator v2.7 Build:0265 By Redline99 always set speed to 2.4 x and choose complete back up and have these two dvd drives samsung DVD-ROM SH-D162C flashed KREON V1.00 to read the game and PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D 1.21 to burn the game but use clone cd version 5.3.1.0 to burn the image from your pioneer drive use only verbatim dvd+dl 2.4x is best but anyother speed is fine just make sure in the xbox creator you select 2.4x any other speed will cause errors any other brand is a waste of money and its no fun to play a game and it crashes on ya thats just what i use hopefully that helps somebody
  15. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

XBC 2.8
    read speed 8x
    Samsung TS-H943a to read
    Pioneer 111d to write
    Clone CD burning at 4x to Verbs

I have not had 1 bad backup to date.
  16. Homefry

Homefry Member

So it seems like the Verbatims DVD+R DL made in Singapore is the brand of choice.

My question is which type should I buy, the 2.4x speed spindle or the 8x speed spindle? (Both are relatively the same price at my local store.)
  17. mack786

mack786 Member

Not to hijack your thread CentanniM but how can you tell whether the discs are from Singapore or elsehwere without having the package in your hand?
  18. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Buy the 8X BUT burn at 2.4x. 8X just means it's newer stock and better discs overall.
  19. Homefry

Homefry Member

I see... thanks for the help!
  20. homesick

homesick Regular member

i use 8x and burn at 4x at least i think they're 8's. whats this purple label memorex you guys are talking about? link please.
  21. evolmindz

evolmindz Regular member

memorex are a complete waste. yeah they might work fine for a while but they slowly kill your lens. take it from me i went the cheap route with memorex and had to replace my drive 3 months later.