1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best DVD burner

Discussion in 'PS2' started by xwillx, Jul 27, 2003.

1. xwillx

xwillx Guest

which dvd burner would you say backsup ps2 games best?? future shop has one on sale its a LG does the brand name really matter?

(hopefuly this answer isnt anywhere else i tried to find it)

2. djillini

djillini Regular member

Id go with a pioneer...a05/105 or a06/106

3. c7015

c7015 Regular member

i would agree with djillini pioneers are awesome burners

but since you are buying it from future shop they will let you take it back if it dosent suit your needs so buy it because I knwo that it is much cheaper than a pioneer try it see if it works and you like it and keep it if you like it and return it if you dont

I always get the 3 year plans because then I can go back after 2and 1/2 years and say that it wasent performing well and they have to give me another for free and if they dont make that model they have to give me the equivalant at that time so when 12x dvd burners come out I can get one for free ...it is quite a system

4. ICEPIMP

ICEPIMP Regular member

hehe i did the exact same thing with my CD writer.. i got a 10x and it failed on me so about a month ago a got a brand new 48-24-48x writer for free...

5. xwillx

xwillx Guest

ah thanks a lot i think i might even get the plan now

6. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

c7015... you said you can buy a dvd burner now and with the warranty you can return the product before the warranty expires. do you have to do this at a store, or can you do it online as well? i am interested in buying a dvd burner (still havent decided yet which one) and i can find the pioneer DVR 106 for $190 US plus tax online which is pretty cheap so i really am considering it. is there another dvd-burner that may be better for about the same price? i am looking to backup movies and ps2 games (maybe xbox games in the future if i buy an xbox)

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  8. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

I still havent been able to decide on which dvd burner is best. Which one should I choose if I want to back up PS2 and DVDs. Alot of people say pioneer 105 or 106 and some say sony 500... is there a definitive answer? and as for media, most say ritek is good for price vs quality while other say outright that ritek sucks... any opinions? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

P4 2.4 800fsb
    1 GB DDR
    MSI 648 Max L

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  9. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

does anyone suggest buying over the internet and paying cheaper price, versus buying at the store at a higher price... the reason I ask is that if something happens to the product, the warranty is supposed to cover it, but the place you buy from might not exchange it or accept the return. has anyone had such a problem and how do you go about getting and exchange? (go through the manufacturer?)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  10. chinopec

chinopec Member

I would buy cheaper off the internet. Never had a problem ordering anyting on the internet as long as its a legit store. Also use a credit card cause if anything happens u can dispute it and get your money back. Where did you see the pioneer a06 for 190? I am also looking to buy a dvd burner.

11. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

i use pricewatch.com to look up prices and stuff. only problem is that i dont know which to buy... so much to choose from (not all of them are good though from what i hear) but i dont know which ones are best. i might just have to buy the 106 since its like half price on the net compared to in stores.

12. chinopec

chinopec Member

Everyone seems to say the pioneer 106 or 105

13. mladen85

mladen85 Guest

pioneer is very good at electronic devices or computer writers pioneer is one of the best i have a -r pioneer, the only is i hope that everthing stays with -r not +r, since -r is more for backing stuff up and +r is for video from computer.

-for media ive tried tdk and pioneer and i never had a problem so far