1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD burning software

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tarantus, Jun 17, 2003.

1. tarantus

tarantus Guest

I just wanted a recommendation on what software to use, or if someone could help me solve the problem I'm having. I am using NeroVision currently, and I am not too happy with the results. I have a movie on my hard drive that is 1hr 37mins and I used Videowave 5 to encode it to MPEG-2 48kHz audio, 352x480 resolution. I tried to burn it to a DVD-RW, the size of the file is 4.28GB, but Videowave told me the disc requires 5.8GB of space. So I tried using NeroVision and it worked, however about 23mins into the movie the picture freezes and the DVD time keeps going. When I tried burning it again, I tried adding chapters and NeroVision would lock-up at various times everytime I tried it. It's not my DVD player because it does it in Windows Media Player too. I hope my problem is just because Nero is not good when it comes to DVD's. I am thinking of trying Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx...

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I suggest you read a bit. The answers are right on the second thread; the FAQ section.

3. djillini

djillini Regular member

Get the following 3 and use the guides afterdawn provides.

dvd decrypter
    dvd2one
    nero

dj

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Id rather just get DVD Shrink to rip and compress and Record Now Max 4.50 to burn.

5. djillini

djillini Regular member

The new version of dvd shrink is nice...i have also heard good things about Record Now Max.

but if your a newbie to all of this I still highly recommend 1. dvd decrypter 2.dvd2one, 3. nero or record now max...with the guides afterdawn provides(makes backing up process pretty easy)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I would actually disagree with you there. If you were a Newbie, i would tend to go with DVD Shrink since it combines both ripping and compression into one. Just use a burner to write it to DVD-R.

Here's a tutorial on DVD Shrink:

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdshrink2-main.htm

7. djillini

djillini Regular member

Well, we all have are own methods & I have only been at this dvd backing up process for about a month now so you are probably more knowledgable than me, but I have found that the afterdawn guides and their recommendation of software work well...well at least they have for me.

thanks dj

Last edited: Jun 17, 2003