1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The two work very good together

Copy2DVD and AnyDVD :)

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

If you ask me Copy To DVD is the leanest meanest burning app to be had. Nero's been gathering virtual dust since I started using it.

3. odubb

odubb Member

i can see the xcopy nation hasnt been copying that many dvds.The program sucks and thats coming from the biggest pirate in the northeast

4. Nephilim

Please tell me you're not serious.

5. Ffred

Ffred Member

Hey.

As a real newb to DVD burning i listened to alot of people saying use dvdxcopy. I have plat ver. 4.0.3.8 and have made a SH** pile of coasters. I did manage to backup a good 20 or so without a problem. CSS encoding was the major problem, I thought DVDXcopy would take care of that. Now I have started using
    DVD Shrink 3.2 and Nero to make my backups. (AnyDVD 3.6.2.4 running) So far so good

Win XP, P4 3.0GHZ,1 GIG ram,LG GSA-416ob 16X DL burner
    sony DDU 1621 DVD rom,2 HD's, 256 meg ATI Radeon vid

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I must be very lucky. I've done over 400 dvds with platinum. I got mine through 321 (now completely defunct) The link on the x-copy part of this forum took me to the site to get more activations. A very nice young lady called Alice answered in a couple of hours.
    I asked her out for a drink, what with me being the most handsome dvd burner the world has ever known, it is only a matter of time before she succumbs to my charm wit, personality & sheer devastating good looks.

Then I woke up in my cornflakes.

Many here knock the product. Personally I love it. I would be hard pressed to recommend it though. It is a VERY fussy piece of software, with all of the permutations of soft/hardware, it was really up against it. Especially as to the price & with shrink & nero doing a very good job (not forgetting decrypter)
    It's a shame, but what can you do? I was impressed by the support I received, I did pay a lot at the end of the day for it though .. It's just a shame it is so damn expensive. I very rarely use shrink, but I have it installed just in case.

Pulsar

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry I have to change my vote here :) Been doing some testing and comparing lately (after a little advice from a Bear) and I have to say DVDCopy3 along with AnyDVD are one of the best combinations I have eve seen. Quality wise I don't believe you can beat DVDC3. If you don't mind spending a little money for a very good proggy then DVD Copy 3 if the way to go!! They sold me on it :)

8. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

DVD decrypter---->DVD Shrink.
    Works everytime perfect for me.
    DVD decrypter also copies ps2 games.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  9. jwo62

jwo62 Member

dvd95copy,

it rips,process's,and burns. a true all in one. it also splits,and allows you to remove titles and still keep the menu. it also does arccos protected discs. support is great.

Jim

10. Datman

Datman Member

I too am looking for a new option. I have had DVDxcopy platinum and I recently bought anydvd and clonedvd2.

I had 100s of successful backups with xcopy, although they sometimes have a few errors, little pauses only a few nonplayable discs.

I like the options with clonedvd and the compression meter

I do believe there is some lose in quality with large films So I'm look for better options

DVDrebuilder/CCE basic & DVDshrink look like they will be a little complicated but may very well be the current best picture quality, which is what I'm looking for

I downloaded the trial version of one clickdvd because somewhere linked to this site it is rated #1. (take that with a grain of salt) but is has fewer options. Mainly I want to drop the ac3-6 and ad dts-6 but can only ad it but it does support dual layer disc.

so I'm going to backup The Lord of the Ring using all 3 programs just to see the difference

11. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i have dvd cloner2, 1click dvd, shrink, decrypter and lately dvdxcopy platinum. i have done many, many copies and i tell you people dvdxcopy platinum , yes when it works( with me has always work), it is the best in stability and quality. no i don't use glasses. i don't need then.

tell this to noone for it is a big secret; dvd platinumis still the best copier out there.

12. Nephilim

I'm afraid you're among a very few that still hold that opinion. It has to be activated online, hasn't been updated in ages, is overpriced and has a huge list of blacklisted programs. If a person doesn't mind any of that then go for it.

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Should have kept that one to yourself LOL LOL LOL LOL

I was going to say something else but I will be nice :)

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I like my platinum, but I am really hard pressed to recommend, as per Neph!!

Pulsar

15. permatex

permatex Regular member

it would appear that different people have different ideas as to what is the best dvd coyy program out there and each may be right according what works for you.the three programs that i have used over the past few years are dvdxcopy express,dvdxcopy platinum and 1-click dvd copy.to tell you the truth i can not say which one works best.i have all three on my system and i use which ever one i feel like at any given time.thel all works well.recently i have had to install anydvd because shrink and decripter just seem to complicate my dvd recording.im staying with dvdxcopy express,1-click dvd copy and anydvd.they work well for me.

16. frutsvil

frutsvil Guest

I'm so glad I found you all!!! b-4 that, I thought I was the only one, hence, my user's name; I don't know how many pgms I've purchase & was convinced that I was scammed. I was not able to activate any of them after I had down-loaded them. I uninstalled dvd platinum & now that I've read your comments, wish I hadn't. I decided to have the actual disk from ICOPYDVDS 2 & had the same trouble, but they send me another disk & at least I was able to activate the pgm. Then I found all these sites & found about anydvd a couple of days ago & downloaded the trial version, but I don't think that I know what I'm doing....nothing happens when I go thru it - it just disappears!!! I was able to burn one movie, but couldn't get any of the interactive menus that come w/the movie (I used ICOPYDVDs 2). Any suggestions from all of you experts out there? I have not been able to burn any other ones. I don't want to be on the coasters competion.

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@frutsvil
    Sounds like you need some help :)

See the link in my signature? Click on that and pick a guide to use. For you I would recommend The AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 guide. It will help you understand how AnyDVD works as well :)

18. permatex

permatex Regular member

to frustvil-first of all since you are new to anydvd,check anydvd set up and make sure that it is correctly set up.language,automatic with red fox.features removal,all boxes checked.drive,all dvd writers checked.programs,check enable any dvd.check auto start,check auto check for new revisions,check show info window for new media

19. permatex

permatex Regular member

to gnome-i must agree with you on studio 321 dvdxcopy,dvd xcopy would be the premium copy program today had it not been for the greedy movie industry who got the courts to stop 321 studio from improving or even selling dvdxcopy because they felt so threatned.dvdxcopy is the standard and anyone who has a copy of dvdxcopy,hold on to it.

20. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have a copy and it is the standard alright..

The standard coaster size :) LOL