1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD Copy Program

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by kaos1121, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Dogman5

Dogman5 Regular member

I too got suckered into buying DVD Wizard Pro, or I should say I was really dum for buying it. Now I only use DVD Shrink, DVDFab Decrypter
    VobBlanker and they work great......

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  2. neroboy

neroboy Member

Hi, what is Voblanker and how good is it. what exactly does it do.

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Perhaps I might explain, Neroboy,

To attempt to aid you in the future - We have some very "Kweel" "Tab tools" here at aD and they're all located in the same place, ~> at the top of every page in every forum. Before you "Blow this off", let me say, that there is an incredible wealth of knowledge just waiting for you iffin' you know how to lQQk for it. Let's go over our choices. The first is our "Glossary tab". It helps you to understand the terms we use in looking for information. Why do I point this out ? The reason I point this out, is because our "tools" don't understand poor spelling OR incorrect terminology. Referring to the Glossary and choosing the correct wording may help you in finding what you're looking for much sooner. The next "Tab tool" we have is our "Software" tab. If you know the type of software you need, you can lQQk up it's sub-heading and find your software there. The last "Neato" feature is our "Guide" tab. There you'll find "guides" (directions), for almost every software we offer. It is sooooo much easier when there are directions to guide you through the steps and settings needed to do your job.
    If you're not sure what you wish to do exactly, do not despair, we haven't forgotten you . . . . ., read on . . . .

NOW, I could answer your questions but I know that you'd want to find it yourself rather than have someone just hand it to you, soooo, I'll try to help you around our rather confusing "Search" feature so you can learn how it's done. Next time, you'll have it down pat . . ., OK ? Kweel . . . .

Here at AfterDawn we have a super neat tool called a "Search" engine. It's loaded with stuff that covers your question -
    Here, I'll show you how to use it ~>
    Now the following may seem confusing so stick with me, ~ ~> There is a box at the top of each and every page that is empty and has by it the word "Search." By typing in a request, in your case, "VobBlanker" - It should give you some "Hit's" from AfterDawn. You'll see different threads throughout our forum that may answer in greater detail questions that you may have dealing with your project. Answers to questions from people who are doing the same thing as you or something very similar. You'll find some stuff you can use, some stuff you cannot :<(- Take a lQQk around and see if something applies or not.
    You still with me ? Good !
    Now, after you've arrived at that page, if you can't find what you want then, under the word "Forum" and "Forum Search," in some very small print, you'll see "Search options" then, "Site-wide search" in really tiny print. Ya still with me ? Anyway, by "clicking" on that "Site-wide search", you'll get a whole ton of Guides and related information about your topic, " VobBlanker". That should supply you with a bunch of info. You'll find what you need in one of those 2 places. It requires that you to type in a word OR two and do some mousie clicks but now that you know where things are, it should be pretty easy to do and we do have a lot of information for you :)
    I believe you'll find this of great help in the future ~

Cheers,

Pete

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  5. neroboy

neroboy Member

Hello, well you seem like veritable fountain of information. I appreciate you taking the time to write down all that info. I found a lot of it helpful more so on a larger scale. (checking glossary terminology for apt results on the WWW) You are correct in saying it is a lot more rewarding finding out for yourself, you can't beat self dicovery! I must admit that got fairly condisending in the last paragraph. This is also the 5th time I've been pulled up for asking questions. Is that not what its all about? Either way what you said is true.

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

topic.Best DVD Copy Program.
    my two cents. 1- if you are willing to spend 3,4,5,or 6 hours(best quality you'll find) dvdrebuilder is your program.
    if you want to have a good(very good) backup in under a hour, Nero recode2. dvd shrink also great, but give about two hours.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  7. neroboy

neroboy Member

can dvd rebuilder shrink the back up originals. Defo the best then?

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Yes DVDRB compresses the original DVD to fit on a DVD5 disk. It does not rip, so you must first rip to your HDD using DVD Decrypter or DVDFab Decrypter. Here is a guide on the program, you can read about it and decide.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=55302

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Something to bear in mind - there are still many DVD's that will fit on a DVD-5 w/o compression and many more still that will fit if you delete foreign languages and trailers. Doing backups this way allows you to bypass Rebuilder, Shrink, etc. that aren't needed at all.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing that's better than a 1:1 COPY

Last edited: Apr 19, 2006
  10. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... You're absolutely right Pete .. Hello and welcome back my friend