1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best DVD copy software????

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by drjhp, Dec 25, 2004.

1. drjhp

drjhp Member

Looking to buy new software to back up grand kids movies.

Any suggestions?

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Nero 6.6.0.3 will probably do it all. With recode2 it can compress & burn your movies. You can re-author with it. It will not, however, overcome copyright protection. A lot of people use AnyDvd by Slysoft, here is the link:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

If you compress with shrink I think it will overcome protection, but I am not sure, & you can still burn with Nero. You can use the older version, 6.3, if you do not have the new one (6.6.0.3) This version (the old one!) will not compress, but shrink will recognise that you have it installed & will burn automatically.
    I hope that was not too complex, I'm a bit confused as it is late on Christmas night for me!
    There are plenty of guides for using shrink on this forum. I would scan around the site & you will pick up lots of tips.
    If you get any probs, leave a thread or have a look around.
    Some here use decryptor to burn with, that is also free on this site (Shrink & decryptor are both in the download section of this forum). I have not used decryptor myself as I have always had nero to burn with, so I cannot give any advice on it!
    There are lots, as I have said, that use AnyDvd, it is a nice little app that unlocks you region coding on your drives in your PC, & gets rid of macrovision too.
    On a lot of films it will also remove the warning screens (FBI) etc for you & take you straight to the movie or to the menu.
    Hope this has been of some use.
    Kind regards,
    Pulsar

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi drjhp, welcome to aD,

I'll be glad to give you some advice -

Were I you, I would start off with the most popular, and luckly FREE programs, DVD Shrink to decrypt, edit and compress your DVD and DVD Derypter to burn to disc for your backup. Most proggys require an additional proggy in order to work, as I said, both of these are simple to use easy to setup, require no special training and are FREE -you'll find them about the middle of the page - -

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Cheers,

Pete

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Hiya pete, did you have a nice Christmas?
    I think I ate too much!!