1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best dvd drive for backing up xbox 360 games?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by devnull1, May 10, 2007.

1. devnull1

devnull1 Member

I see alot of info about the samsung SH-D162C and Kreon firmware. My xbox 360 drive is a ms25. Is this the best drive for the job?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

the best drives are samsungs as far as your xbox goes. but for the pc you need the samsung drive you named for making backups.

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

To rip your original 360 games,you eventually need to use your samsung drive for that.As for burning,any dual layer burner will do the job,but most people tend to use the pioneer 111D or the 112D with successful burns as these drives auto-booktype your media to DVD-ROM.But i think booktyping will not really be an issue for you as i've heard that xbox360 that comes with samsung drive doesn't need the media to be booktyped,it can just read DVD+R DL as it is.But it's preferable you choose one with booktyping ability to be on the safe side.As for media,the best you can get is Verbatim.

Vincent.

4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

the kreon drive you mentioned is by far the best to rip your orig game. i use it along with xbc to make perfect rips.just seems to me that putting a game in a dvd drive in your pc to make a copy is better than taking your xbox apart everytime to do it. any good dvd burner that will booktype dvd rom will do a great job, as far as the dvds to put your backup on i have used alot of different brands, most people like the verbs but i use alot of ritex ridata for my backups,you can pick them up a little cheaper and they work great.

5. devnull1

devnull1 Member

so i can use the samsung to rip the games, i have a regular nec dual layer dvd burner, can i burn them with that?

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

it should work fine.