1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best dvd media for Philips dvd drive on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by g1chehoo, Mar 10, 2005.

1. g1chehoo

g1chehoo Member

Hi, could somebody tell me whats the best brand of dvd media for the philips dvd drive for the xbox is!?

Thanks

G1chehoo

2. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

ritek ridata g04 dvd-r dont work for me but kodak and maxell work kodak dvd-r and maxell dvd+r

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Remember though, what doesn't work for him still might work for you. Every xbox is different, even though they have the same drive.

Phillips should read just about anything. It's not as good as the Samsung, IMO, but good enough.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I use Ritek g04 dvd-r and Maxell dvd-r. These 2 brands have been very reliable for me in backing up my xbox games and movies. The yellow coated Maxell dvd-r are simply awesome and very high quality media. I don't know if anyone has tried backing up any xbox games with Taiyo-Yuden?? I'm sure they will work just Ridata and Maxell.

5. vint

vint Member

I have a philips drive in xbox and a pioneer 106D writer.
    The only discs I could get to work over a long period of time were DATASAFE MEDIA 4x
    Ridisc media seem ok for a short while, then about 1 month down the line they stop playing??
    Now I have moved to NZ I can't get these discs, has anyone got a suggestion for this combination as I don't want to start a new collection of coasters!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    PS Newest firmware on writer